App Review Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Have you used Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner?

• Yes

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

Ever wondered how Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner performs? Lets find out!

Thanks for watching, more videos are coming this weekend!

Also before anyone tells me to test EEK on a system which is fully infected - this video is coming so don't worry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
EEK is long-time favorite of mine , among other on-demand scanners that I use .

It regularly digs out stuff that gets missed by MBAM , Herdprotect , Hitman and others
OK , it's just minor sludge really .... tracking cookies , PUPs etc , but it has earned it's place with me for that alone .

I know Zemana is good and I still have a license for it , but I have some irrational prejudice against it .

It must have done something to annoy me in the past :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello Malwareblockeryt,how about a Bitdefender Total Security Review,I would realy like that:)
Nice Video by the way;)
Can you use Emsisoft Emergency Kit regardless of any AV and Malwareprograms

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Great review, pretty good Emisoft :)
Thanks & I agree :)
EEK is long-time favorite of mine , among other on-demand scanners that I use .

It regularly digs out stuff that gets missed by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware , Herdprotect , Hitman and others
OK , it's just minor sludge really .... tracking cookies , PUPs etc , but it has earned it's place with me for that alone .

I know Zemana is good and I still have a license for it , but I have some irrational prejudice against it .

It must have done something to annoy me in the past :)
I like all the Second Opinion Scanners & thanks for watching :)

Hello Malwareblockeryt,how about a Bitdefender Total Security Review,I would realy like that:)
Nice Video by the way;)
Can you use Emsisoft Emergency Kit regardless of any AV and Malwareprograms
Hi I have already reviewed Bitdefender Internet Security & that is effectively a cut down version of Total Security - they both have the same Detection/Prevention pretty much & they are both similar. At the moment I have about 30 videos on my list to record & exams coming up so currently I will not be able to review that product - but the Internet Security Review should offer insight. Thanks for watching!

PS: Yes you can use Emsisoft Emergency Kit to scan alongside any AV or security tool.

I have used EEK, but isn't used on my system, as I have nothing that's not already been scanned by Avast.

No emergency required here. ;)
Same at the moment :) Thanks for watching :D

W

Wave

Thread author
The RAM usage isn't as bad as you think, they load their signatures into memory at start-up of EEK so it's faster, since it's supposed to be used on-demand and not stick in the background like real-time protection; I think the EAM/EIS uses the page file probably.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
The RAM usage isn't as bad as you think, they load their signatures into memory at start-up of EEK so it's faster, since it's supposed to be used on-demand and not stick in the background like real-time protection; I think the EAM/EIS uses the page file probably.
Makes sense & it isn't actually a problem I just thought I should point it out :D

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Very good scanner but I prefer Hitman
Thanks, I much prefer Emsisoft Emergency Kit scanner, but HitmanPro is good too :)

Anything on Kaspersky? Does it removes besides scanning?

Thanks
I haven't reviewed Kaspersky's free scanner tool & yes it removes malware after scanning - otherwise what is the point of the scanner? Thanks for watching :p

W

Wave

Thread author
Hitman Pro free has removal feature or just scanner alone?

Thanks
Removal requires the paid version however the scanner is free to use I believe, I could be wrong. I don't use it myself, but I am a fan of it and recommend it (well I am a fan of SurfRight overall actually and I support them).

The cleaning in HitmanPro is very good, and they also have good on-reboot cleaning if required before Windows has even started up properly and logged on, which is efficient and effective at cleaning more powerful threats such as rootkits. :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Removal requires the paid version however the scanner is free to use I believe, I could be wrong. I don't use it myself, but I am a fan of it and recommend it (well I am a fan of SurfRight overall actually and I support them).

The cleaning in HitmanPro is very good, and they also have good on-reboot cleaning if required before Windows has even started up properly and logged on, which is efficient and effective at cleaning more powerful threats such as rootkits. :)
I would rather take Kaspersky Security Scan + EEK + MBAW v2.x

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I prefer EEK to HitmanPro and Zemana because it's powerful first, and it's highly portable. You just update it, copy to a USB and you're good to go. HitmanPro and Zemana need internet connection to work. With EEK, you just run it from the USB or copy it on the infected computer and run it. It is especially useful if you have problems with your internet connection or simply no internet, because of a malware infection.Thanx for the test. :)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I prefer EEK to HitmanPro and Zemana because it's powerful first, and it's highly portable. You just update it, copy to a USB and you're good to go. HitmanPro and Zemana need internet connection to work. With EEK, you just run it from the USB or copy it on the infected computer and run it. It is especially useful if you have problems with your internet connection or simply no internet, because of a malware infection.Thanx for the test. :)

Yeah,I also like the fact that EEK does n`t rely on the cloud just incase the malware knocks out the internet.

Forgot about the portability of EEK thanks for reminding me;)

Great video bye the way:cool:

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: spaceoctopus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.