Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 10 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBridge

Thread author
Jul 4, 2015
Hello guys,

Since past one year I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. Now my license almost expired. It needs to be renewed. So I want to change my Internet security. I read several Internet security reviews and Finally I picked Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and Emsisoft Internet Security 10.

But the main problem is EIS used online Armor firewall until v 9. after EIS 10 they merged online armor firewall. I didn't find any reviews regarding EIS 10 firewall effecincy.

I want some input mainly regarding EIS 10 firewall compared to KIS 2015.
If you guys can suggest me any other internet security is better than KIS 2015 (more focus is strong firewall)

My system config is 8 GB memory with Win 7 x86.
my license will expire in 5 days so please give more accurate input.

H

hjlbx

The firewall in EIS 9 and 10 is not the firewall used in Online Armor; the EIS 9 and 10 firewall was built from scratch - from the "ground up."

The only more capable firewall than Emsisoft is Comodo firewall.

Kaspersky firewall technically is not as good as Emsisoft firewall... but the differences are not likely to be noticeable.

Also, the EIS firewall interface is much more user friendly. Most people like it more. EIS will be much lighter on your system in all likelihood.

Without getting into a whole lot of technical infos - the EIS firewall is better configured with default global rules and it is better automated than Kasper.

Try it out before you make a commitment...

Last edited by a moderator:

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hi, Emsisoft is really good, gives you great protection, great behavior module and a good firewall.
some reviews give many awards to Emsisoft.
however Kaspersky gives the same level of protection, is my opinion, and has KSN.

Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) is a special security network which allows users to get:
  • additional protection level;
  • applications reputation data;
  • websites reputation data;
  • quick reaction on new threats.

The Kaspersky Security Network service is a kind of "cloud" technologies.

Participating in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) allows Kaspersky Lab quick collecting of data concerning new threats and developing methods to protect computers from new threats. The more users participate in KSN, the more your computer is protected.

Kaspersky Lab does not collect, process and store any personal user information. You can decide by yourself whether you wish to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. During installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, the Setup Wizard suggests to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. You can change your decision whether to participate in the service after installation whenever you wish.

I like KSN because is fast, is cloud protection and works great.
for better zero day protection i may choose kaspersky...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In terms of overall complexity configuration for a suite then go to KIS without a doubt, their main backbone feature of application control should help with enough maintainance + very good KSN cloud feature.

But for privacy worry free, simple but can be little complicated then go to Emsisoft's IS. Strong protection + powered by active BB with cloud reference.Their 3 main components are enough for their flagship of products.

Reactions: FireBridge

Violeta

Level 1
Dec 12, 2014
Hello, my advice is that even follow with KIS 2015 - 2016 for the following reasons:
- Efficient protection for many integrated modules that the other security product that does not possess.
- Efficient in proactive detection.
- Efficient in detection in the cloud, real-time.
- As KIS, you won't need another extra protection.

I for my part, I would wager to Kaspersky IS, choose with care ^^.

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
I'm currently using EIS and the firewall is fairly simple to use, I have Kaspersky on my laptop and I personally prefer EIS.

If I were you I'd download the EIS trial to try it out for a while and if you like it, buy it. Worst case scenario is you don't like it and re-buy Kaspersky, best case you do like it and you can buy it at the end of the trial and then you've had 13 months of protection instead of 12. :D

M

Makarboy

Both are excellent programs, but if I were an average user (for example, if I have to install an antivirus to my mother, sister, neigbour) I would choose Kaspersky, but for me, I would choose Emsisoft that is a bit stronger.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I prefer KIS 2015 because of small signature updates compared to EIS 10. I haven't actually used EIS, but I know that it uses Bitdefender engine for signature updates. I used Bitdefender Internet Security in the past, that's why I know how big the signature updates are. I have a very slow internet connection, so... :D

I currently use KIS 2015, by the way. :D

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Emsisoft is more user friendly (not so much settings to play with) and it is lighter on the system.
As about security both programs will serve you well, not any differences to mention.....

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I've never used Emsisoft so I can't comment. If you're going to spend money, KIS is pretty hard to beat if you use the benefits it provides (local e-mail scanning/cleaning is impressive...but if you don't use Outlook, et. al. then it's of no value)

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
You can decide by yourself whether you wish to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. During installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, the Setup Wizard suggests to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. You can change your decision whether to participate in the service after installation whenever you wish.

Actually, even if you decline to participate in KSN you still benefit from all the KSN protection, it's just the sending of information from you to Kaspersky that is reduced.

D

Deleted member 178

Hello guys,

But the main problem is EIS used online Armor firewall until v 9. after EIS 10 they merged online armor firewall. I didn't find any reviews regarding EIS 10 firewall effecincy.

no , EIS v9-10 used a brand new firewall made from scratch (with some part of his core from OA), i closed-beta the creation and development of its firewall and i can say to you it is superior than OA. can't tell for KIS' firewall because i hate Kaspersky ^^

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
hi, Emsisoft is really good, gives you great protection, great behavior module and a good firewall.
some reviews give many awards to Emsisoft.
however Kaspersky gives the same level of protection, is my opinion, and has KSN.

Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) is a special security network which allows users to get:
  • additional protection level;
  • applications reputation data;
  • websites reputation data;
  • quick reaction on new threats.

The Kaspersky Security Network service is a kind of "cloud" technologies.

Participating in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) allows Kaspersky Lab quick collecting of data concerning new threats and developing methods to protect computers from new threats. The more users participate in KSN, the more your computer is protected.

Kaspersky Lab does not collect, process and store any personal user information. You can decide by yourself whether you wish to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. During installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, the Setup Wizard suggests to participate in Kaspersky Security Network. You can change your decision whether to participate in the service after installation whenever you wish.

I like KSN because is fast, is cloud protection and works great.
for better zero day protection i may choose kaspersky...

If I am not mistaken, Check the metadata/tags it attaches to previously scanned files so that 'iSwift' (is that the correct name/option when scanning, to speed up scan time?) technology knows that it has been previously scanned. I certainly am not trying to stir up controversy. I am just advising you take notice. I disabled KSN. When using TCP Viewer, there were so many connections open from avp.exe and kaspersky related links, I was surprised. This was in the 2013 or 2014 version though.

Thank you very much guys for your kind suggestions. All over it looks EIS is better than KIS. OK this time I'll go with EIS.
Overall, from my experience KIS provides robust protection, always scoring high in vendor testing comparisons. However,

As an edit, Emsisoft (EIS) seems lighter thaa KIS. I use it and it has provided good protection. I am still on v9. How is v10?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: catjc
H

hjlbx

If one were to get 100 novice users together to test both KIS and EIS - I would bet that the group would show a strong preference for EIS over KIS.

That being said, I would combine EIS with NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro or AppGuard. Why ?

Emsisoft has problems with malicious scripts - it's only serious security flaw that I could find. Either NVT ERP or AG close that hole decisively.

If you are truly paranoid, then the ultimate combo would be EIS, Shadow Defender, AppGuard and NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro. Such a combo is absolute overkill - but I used it for quite some time - and everything worked great together on W8.1.

Emsisoft has better firewall than Kaspersky...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
How are the signature updates of EIS? Still big? Approximately, how much?

H

hjlbx

How are the signature updates of EIS? Still big? Approximately, how much?

I never had a problem with EIS updates... but I know some users have experienced issues. I think issues were related to update distribution via CDN servers - or - Emsi server(s). Although, I thought update problems were fixed within the past 3 or 4 months.

I would visit Emsi support forum to see if users are still complaining about updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.