Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 2015 vs ESET Smart Security 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antun1

Thread author
Dec 11, 2014
Hello guys,

I need new security pack for my pc. I'm looking for something light because I'm a gamer and I care about this.

Using only original games from Steam and Origin. On my computer is Windows 8.1 64x and Firefox 34.0 with NoScript and Adblock.

sorry for my bad english :(

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Emsisoft Internet Security 2015 es mejor en proteccion,pero consume muchos mas recursos que ESET.

Emsisoft Internet Security 2015 is best in protection, but consumes many more resources than ESET.
Agreed, Emsisoft has a reputation for outstanding protection. It can be considered "light" when compared to with other choices even heavier on resources which is good to know as I shall be moving from ESET NOD 32 to Emsisoft IS on our Windows 7 in February, when ESET's subscription ends.;) (edit: ESET NOD 32 is even lighter, it has no parental controls or extra firewall,o_O + your Windows Firewall will give you good protection!:cool:)

Antun1, your English is good!:)

Last edited:

Ashu Kumar

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2014
MT is already brimming with answers to your question. I modestly suggest you to search through the posts in forum and Virus Exchange section (That's what I usually do before asking ;)).

Anyway, it's good that you posted one more valuable question to this forum. :)

In my opinion ESET is better for your needs (Gaming) and it is less intrusive too.

I would like to say something on your English (I hope you don't mind me saying so):
Your English is good and I wouldn't worry much about it If you are not a native English Speaker. (I am also not a native English speaker.)

I read it somewhere that:
Don’t say: “Sorry for my bad English” (this is more discouraging for yourself to say or write)

Say: “English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.” (This will not discourage you much to write or say).

have a good time here on MT ! :)

Agreed, Emsisoft has a reputation for outstanding protection. It can be considered "light" when compared to with other choices even heavier on resources which is good to know as I shall be moving from ESET NOD 32 to Emsisoft IS on our Windows 7 in February, when ESET's subscription ends.;)

You read my mind. :) I too was replying regarding @Antun1 's English but in the interim you posted it. :)

Firefox 34.0 with NoScript and Adblock.

I have noticed that NoScript alone has the ability to block most of the Ads (in fact almost all Ads). I use only NoScript and satisfied so far.I read that Adblock is the reason for FF using much RAM. For me NoScript is serving my needs of hassle free web browsing. :).

Test yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What are your specifications of PC? Since these two security products can run well as long good enough resources while playing games. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Antun1

Antun1

Thread author
Dec 11, 2014
Thank you guys for the answers.

Thank you :)

I have noticed that NoScript alone has the ability to block most of the Ads (in fact almost all Ads). I use only NoScript and satisfied so far.I read that Adblock is the reason for FF using much RAM. For me NoScript is serving my needs of hassle free web browsing. :).

Test yourself. :)

I'll try !

What are your specifications of PC? Since these two security products can run well as long good enough resources while playing games. ;)

i5 4690k, 8gb ram, ssd and gtx 970

@Antun1 Which security products have you previously used, and why have you narrowed it down to Emsisoft and ESET?

I used before Norton Internet Security 2014, my license has already ended :(

I tested both programs, but don't know what to choose. In my opinion, ESET is lighter. However, I don't know how the level of protection.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
What is the third S in the poll?!!!

12.PNG

Reactions: Nedim

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Given the two options, I would chose Emsisoft for two things:

1. Behavior Blocker

2. Lightness

Yes, I've said it. In my opinion Emsisoft can be lighter than ESET if the file guard is set to scan on execution only, though I would prefer to run Anti-Malware over Internet Security for lightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.