Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
EAM and Online Armor was my favourite.

I would like to compare the efficiency of the HIPS and BB of the two products (EAM + OA) VERSUS the autosandboxing, HIPS, of Comodo Pro.

And of course the signature-efficiency of EAM against the antivirus engine of Comodo.

And thir cloud capabalities (EAM's Anti-Malware Network against COMODO's cloud)

lastly, the lightness of the EIS and COMODO.

In summary:

Which is better in terms of:
1.) HIPS/Behaviour blocking, autosanboxing (I know EAM don't have sanboxing. I am just curious about the product's ability to fend off malware even when not using the antivirus engine)
2.) antivirus engine (EAM's dual engine vs. comodo's engine)
3.) the effectiveness of their use of cloud
4.) lightness

Thanks!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

EAM and Online Armor was my favourite.

me too :D

1.) HIPS/Behaviour blocking, autosanboxing (I know EAM don't have sanboxing. I am just curious about the product's ability to fend off malware even when not using the antivirus engine)

EAM has restriction/policy-based "sandbox" (similar as CIS auto-sandbox aka BB); EAM Behavior Blocker is among the best ones and its HIPS is as strong (even a bit better) than CIS one.

2.) antivirus engine (EAM's dual engine vs. comodo's engine)

EAM win even if CIS AV improved a lot lately;

3.) the effectiveness of their use of cloud

CIS win , Comodo has a bigger userbase and its cloud is quite efficient.

4.) lightness

CIS win if you consider the overall lightness since CIS is one products ; EIS is heavier due to being a double product having 2 engines, and has a long history about being demanding on resources especially during updates and boot

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
IMO Emsisoft is good choice as a on demand scanner only.

i did not feel it good on my laptop as a real time protection...to much delay in boot times.

I

illumination

I love both suites , but over all on windows 8.1, i would chose CIS.. It is lighter for one. OA tends to be a little more aggressive, meaning you will spend much more time allow simple things like Apps access. The last time i ran OA on windows 8, everytime i opened an App, i would have to close it to return to the desktop, to allow it, then reopen it, this got old real fast. Im sure once you have it set, it is not too bad, but i still prefer CIS to EIS on windows 8.

D

Deleted member 178

Reactions: Ink and ZeroDay

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
me too :D

EAM has restriction/policy-based "sandbox" (similar as CIS auto-sandbox aka BB); EAM Behavior Blocker is among the best ones and its HIPS is as strong (even a bit better) than CIS one.

EAM win even if CIS AV improved a lot lately;

CIS win , Comodo has a bigger userbase and its cloud is quite efficient.

CIS win if you consider the overall lightness since CIS is one products ; EIS is heavier due to being a double product having 2 engines, and has a long history about being demanding on resources especially during updates and boot

So for you, politely asking, what product wins in terms of protection efficiency, lightness put aside? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

So for you, politely asking, what product wins in terms of protection efficiency, lightness put aside? Thanks.

i used them both since some years, and i prefer Emsisoft IS , its BB (when set as paranoid) can be as strong as CIS' HIPS so if then you add Emsi own HIPS you will be difficultly bypassed . Not sayinf EIS higher detection rate

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
ohh then why don't ya switch to comodo firewall? ESET works well with comodo as much i know :D

Really? I am using an old netbook - IntelAtom N455 2GB DDR3 Ram, Windows 8.1 Pro. ESET Nod32 7

The last time I used Comodo Firewall on Windows 8 Pro, (not Win 8.1), it put into sandbox two system files so my system became unstable. I have to reboot and uninstall the product to make the netbook workable again.

Are you sure Comodo Firewall is still needed if I am using the most aggressive mode of ESET's HIPS? WIndows Firewall too is maybe enough. I have good surfing habits, plus K9WebProtection. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

ESET HIPS is very young and some of its mode are quite useless, in fact only the interactive one is really securing but quite talkative.

note that you should disable ESET HIPS (then reboot) if you want use CFW without issues

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Really? I am using an old netbook - IntelAtom N455 2GB DDR3 Ram, Windows 8.1 Pro. ESET Nod32 7

The last time I used Comodo Firewall on Windows 8 Pro, (not Win 8.1), it put into sandbox two system files so my system became unstable. I have to reboot and uninstall the product to make the netbook workable again.

Are you sure Comodo Firewall is still needed if I am using the most aggressive mode of ESET's HIPS? WIndows Firewall too is maybe enough. I have good surfing habits, plus K9WebProtection. Thanks.

well i using sandboxie & also used comodo sandbox & didn't face any problems. Comodo HIPS is quiet better then ESET. it's better u use a good firewall. i dunno about ur netbook configuration. it's worked well on my pc when i was a ESET user a month ago :)

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
ESET HIPS is very young and some of its mode are quite useless, in fact only the interactive one is really securing but quite talkative.

note that you should disable ESET HIPS (then reboot) if you want use CFW without issues

Yes, I might disable ESET Hips but, doing it will also disable eset's self-protection. its self-defense is a component of hips. what should i do?

yup, the interactive mode is quite talkative.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014

Thanks much. Further questions:

1.) What about setting exclusions between ESET and Comodo firewall for each other for compatability? Is it needed?
2.) Or, should I disable ESET's hips to make it truly compatible with Online Armor?

Thanks

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Thanks much. Further questions:

1.) What about setting exclusions between ESET and Comodo firewall for each other for compatability? Is it needed?
2.) Or, should I disable ESET's hips to make it truly compatible with Online Armor?

Thanks

first try to disable ESET HIPS & see it's still conflict with Online armor. if it's still conflict then u can use comdo firewall. In ESET exclusion u can put comodo entire folder from program files & from program data & add comodo every executable in eset exclusions & same for comodo exclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.