Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
EAM and Online Armor was my favourite.

I would like to compare the efficiency of the HIPS and BB of the two products (EAM + OA) VERSUS the autosandboxing, HIPS, of Comodo Pro.

And of course the signature-efficiency of EAM against the antivirus engine of Comodo.

And thir cloud capabalities (EAM's Anti-Malware Network against COMODO's cloud)

lastly, the lightness of the EIS and COMODO.

In summary:

Which is better in terms of:
1.) HIPS/Behaviour blocking, autosanboxing (I know EAM don't have sanboxing. I am just curious about the product's ability to fend off malware even when not using the antivirus engine)
2.) antivirus engine (EAM's dual engine vs. comodo's engine)
3.) the effectiveness of their use of cloud
4.) lightness

Thanks!

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
first try to disable ESET HIPS & see it's still conflict with Online armor. if it's still conflict then u can use comdo firewall. In ESET exclusion u can put comodo entire folder from program files & from program data & add comodo every executable in eset exclusions & same for comodo exclusion.

Yes, but disabling ESET's HIPS will also disable its self-defense. The self-defense is a component of HIPS. Will that put ESET into danger?

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
No. if u have better HIPS built in OA or CFW then u don't need to worry about ESET self defence :)
Ok okay...

Hmmm... I got your point. Final question: Which is lighter on a netbook PC running Windows 8.1 Pro: Online Armor or CFW? OA got 4 processes and slows down boot time. Don't know about CFW.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would consider ESET Nod32 to be lighter than both EAM+OA and CIS. I have always experienced some slowdown or problems when using a third-party firewall, that's why I now only use Windows Firewall (with Advanced Security for some programs).

From your signature: ESET Nod32 7, Windows Firewall, K9 WebProtection, UAC, MCShield 3.

I would keep with this and you shouldn't experience any problems, especially since netbooks are less powerful than their laptop and desktop counterparts.

Reactions: ifacedown

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Ok okay...

Hmmm... I got your point. Final question: Which is lighter on a netbook PC running Windows 8.1 Pro: Online Armor or CFW? OA got 4 processes and slows down boot time. Don't know about CFW.

Comodo firewall is lighter then online armor & it doesn't slow down my boot time. Plus u will get sandbox with it.
2h587pg.jpg

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Ok okay...

As u see what Earth said. U can use ESET HIPS with window firewall if u really concerned about to make ur netbook lighter.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I would consider ESET Nod32 to be lighter than both EAM+OA and CIS. I have always experienced some slowdown or problems when using a third-party firewall, that's why I now only use Windows Firewall (with Advanced Security for some programs).

From your signature: ESET Nod32 7, Windows Firewall, K9 WebProtection, UAC, MCShield 3.

I would keep with this and you shouldn't experience any problems, especially since netbooks are less powerful than their laptop and desktop counterparts.

Well, you got a point. I never had an infection with my current setup. And it is so light too.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I see, but the OP did mention at the possibility of replacing his/her security config. That's why ESET was brought up and I thought it was better to address the issue that CIS / EAM+OS may be worse off, than his/her current set-up.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I see, but the OP did mention at the possibility of replacing his/her security config. That's why ESET was brought up and I thought it was better to address the issue that CIS / EAM+OS may be worse off, than his/her current set-up.

yeah, right. i am settled with eset. but i am a very curious guy who love experimenting with softwares... i would really like to test CF, but make first System Restore. But, I really could not use the system restore to rollback. before i was able to use it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You'd probably need to create a system image, or use a spare PC with similar specs to test without messing up your current config. I will remain to standby with what I said, and choose neither Emsi or Comodo.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
both programs are good it depends on who likes what or needs and what suits him I personally prefer Emsisoft Internet Security because he's my best fit and worked well with my system.
Comodo some time ago I was using and I had trouble with the configuration and because of it I gave up.:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
lol, 12 of the 27 posts in this thread, talk of a product that is not listed above ;) Not that i was counting :p :D
Lol...My vote is EIS on Windows 7 and a non-listed product on Windows 8.1 but if you are wondering click the spoiler below.Warning some viewers might find it disturbing

NSXauvp.gif

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I am currently using ESET NOD 32 and it conflicts with OA.

....If you have both HIPS installed then it would really conflict. You just have to select one HIPS. I used that pair and I did not install Eset HIPS(custom install not disable). Worked out just fine for me(exclusions are placed for each other). It has been pointed out here that Eset's HIPS is still young and really causes some conflicts with other security apps. There are some good threads there about Eset http://malwaretips.com/forums/eset.49/

Have paired Comodo firewall and EAM in another partition. No issues at all. I have Emsisoft IS in another partition also running okay too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.