Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I want to know what is your opinion about these products.

In my opinion (EIS 8):
Pro:
- light on system
- very good detection
- very good remove of viruses
- good HIPS
- good firewall
- price
- good support
- Banking Mode (OA)
Cons:
- to many questions for some users
- no Bitdefender Photon

-------------------------

About BIS 2014:
- very good detection
- light on system
- very good remove of viruses
- good firewall
- autopilot (for some users it's a good feature)
- safepay
- Bitdefender Photon
Cons:
- price
- bad support

Have a nice day!

Z

ZeroDay

It's difficult as Emsisoft internet security pack Contains a separate firewall with hips. I think Emsisoft and Bitdefender av modules are on par, but Emsisoft firewall is much better than BD's firewall.

Edit to add: You can actually pick up both products very cheap if you shop around.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
In my opinion BitDefender! You could add Comodo Firewall? Emsisoft Online Armor has always had bug/headaches.
And does play nice with other software! Again, this is my answer/opinion.

kelton

Verified
Dec 28, 2012
I think "Bitdefender Photon" is only a name. EAM uses cache to "remember" known executable files already scanned and other companies like Kaspersky uses simmilar technologies (with other names).

Emsisoft's detection rate is better. The support is better. The price is better. The firewall is better.

Emsisoft does offer banking protection: online armor has the "banking mode".

But the "autopilot" feature from bitdefender is really great (online armor and EAM's behavior blocker are more user dependant)! Also, their web protection is better than Emsisoft's, with less false positives.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The nature of Emsisoft isn't silent compared to other products. In choosing Emsisoft you should expect to receive prompts from Mamutu and other components of Emsisoft.

Emsisoft Internet Security "Pack" is EAM + OA. Online Armor has a Banking Mode, advertised Keylogging protection (unlike Bitdefender), and autorun management assisted by their whitelist.

Agree with others that Photon technology is just a name of something other products already and do have. I'd strike it off the Cons list, because EVERY other product (except Bitdefender) will not have Photon.. think about it.

Paul.R said:
In my opinion (EIS 8)
Cons:
- to many questions for some users
- no protection for online banking(like SafePay)
- no Bitdefender Photon

PS: I'm still waiting for an integrated Emsisoft suite before voting in the poll. :D

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

Earth look at post 341:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=331184&page=14

There Fabian wrote about Emsisoft Suite.

Thanks for your help guys.

Have a nice day!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know, that's why I didn't vote. ;) I want to see how each product will compliment each other, instead of the current bundled pack.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would say Bitdefender. After its 2014 version most bugs have been removed. Well Emsi is too buggy for me at least. Had a BSOD couple of times with OA. Emsisoft Anti-malware by itself is good but OA seems to be the buggy part.
I hope they make major changes to OA and its firewall drivers.

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Emsisoft for sure. And when there will be an Emsisoft IS fully with EAM and OA fully integrated, there will no stopping for Emsisoft.:)

Z

ZeroDay

ams963 said:
Emsisoft for sure. And when there will be an Emsisoft IS fully with EAM and OA fully integrated, there will no stopping for Emsisoft.:)

Well, It's either going to make them or break them. Either way I'm looking forward to the release of their suite, I like Emsisoft a lot. Their support is second to none.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
Bitdefender from a few years ago has become the buggiest piece of AV software on the market. It may have a good AV engine but there end the good things about Bitdefender. The constant waiting for the next major version to fix the bugs is forever ongoing I think. One quick look at their forums is a good starting point, when you consider their AV. Not to mention the bulky installation which is almost as big as the OS itself.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@Earth
Answer hide in your post.
"Emsisoft Internet Security "Pack" is EAM + OA. Online Armor has a Banking Mode, advertised Keylogging protection"
I choose BD safe pay coz CF hava no Banking Mode & EAM also ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK, but would you feel safe using SafePay, even if you knew your PC had a keylogger installed?

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
First honstly i never use online banking.
Second if i knew i have keylogger or backdoor installed so why i go futher until i removed that one & i think you also doing so,i try BD say pay just for try & first before launch of browser it checks for malacious services & after it browser launched so i think it is good but i never use banking if i know i have keylogger installed or if my computer is infected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.