Battle Emsisoft Internet Security or Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Binisoft WFC or Comodo Firewall

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi in a previous pool i ask for better Support and really Emsisoft was it . Now tell me i have a very long licence whith emsi antimalware . I can changue it for emsi is what combo do you think are better and Why.

Emsisoft internet security
Emsisfot and binisoft Windows fw control
Comodo fw and emsisoft
I prefer the second option. Comodo can be hard to manage so make sure you make an image backup before trying
Emsisoft + windows firewall is good enough, no need for binisoft

you dont need to spend extra money for emsisoft IS

Last edited:

If you want centralized simplicity then the common sense choice would be EIS.

Emsisoft's firewall is every bit the equal of COMODO's firewall.

You have had prior issues trying to combo EAM and CFW. Nothing has changed in either product to suggest that the combo problems have been resolved.

I have experience with all the products listed. They are all good products worthy of anyone's consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Personally, if looking for simplicity and ease of use, I would go for Emsisoft Internet Security.

Why bother fussing around with settings and compatibility, when it's all inclusive with Emsisoft Internet Security?

What benefits are you looking for by adding either bWFC or Comodo Firewall? Do the Pro's outweigh the Con's, or vice versa?

Have you thought about Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Windows Firewall, or not and for what reason?

Last edited:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Good protection only. Ihave the philosophy if it are silient it dont work, the popup give me sensation of security. I have 5 years licence of EAM and can sacrifice some time of my licence to catch a EIS licence . I know comodo fw are Hard to configure and in this time not are a good option for a combo, they will made more hermetic. Windows firewall control is a good soft for me and i donate to they and have licence.

in term of protection what are the note? from 1 to 10 in fireall module? Windows ifrewall 5? Emsisoft firewall 9 and comodo 10? what do you think.

And yep maybe Windows firewall was enough

Good protection only. Ihave the philosophy if it are silient it dont work, the popup give me sensation of security. I have 5 years licence of EAM and can sacrifice some time of my licence to catch a EIS licence . I know comodo fw are Hard to configure and in this time not are a good option for a combo, they will made more hermetic. Windows firewall control is a good soft for me and i donate to they and have licence.

in term of protection what are the note? from 1 to 10 in fireall module? Windows ifrewall 5? Emsisoft firewall 9 and comodo 10? what do you think.

And yep maybe Windows firewall was enough

Look at this old test. It is an outbound-only test: Firewall Outbound Attacks Protection Test (July 2013) - Anti-Malware Test Lab

It is common sense that EIS has improved version of Online Armor firewall.

I supply the link for your convenient consideration; it is not provided as an endorsement of any product.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I have run both EIS alone and EAM+WFC as well on my home desktop/laptop.

Both have no issues for me.

My take is, go EIS if you want a hassle free "install-and-forget" security system.

WFC can be sometimes annoying with pop-ups depending on the level of control you want, though for me I don't mind at all.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I am a happily satisfied user of Emsisoft Internet Security.:) That said, I chose option #2 with the reason being that I've read consistently positive comments here, on MT, while pining to try this Emsisoft Antimalware alongside Binisoft's Windows Firewall Control combo myself!:D It's beautiful to know you won't go wrong with whichever choice you'll make from above,:rolleyes: and I'll remain confidently hopeful;) you'll be pleased going with that which your gut feels most surely drawn toward for your own well considered reasons!:cool:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I sacrifice one year of my current suscription and catch EIS, i can renew for 15 usd the consecutive years, the experience is quite diferent tan Windows 7 pro. I really like alerts and when a firewall proct are to silent i feel unsecure, but i think emsi does a good work i will try it this year
Since you prefer popup alerts, you'll continue to enjoy Emsisoft! Their Internet Security alerts me each time I log onto the game, "World of Tanks Blitz", for their silent (similar to spyware) behavior which grants me the choice to accept or block!:p

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.