Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
After two years of intensive research and development, we are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of our new powerful yet light weight security suite: Emsisoft Internet Security.

Emsisoft Internet Security will be replacing its predecessor Emsisoft Internet Security Pack, effective immediately.

Sep 8, 2014: Emsisoft Internet Security

Three-layered protection
Surf Protection: Blocks dangerous and fraudulent websites; Real-Time File Guard: Checks all downloads with a dual engine scanner; Behavior Blocker: intercepts brand new threats, even without updates.

Intelligent firewall
Closes off and hides your system when using public networks. Your PC will be practically invisible. Includes IPv6 support.

Light weight
As it focuses on just one thing: Protecting your PC, without compromise. No more, no less.

Easy setup
Of global and application-based firewall rules with clear presentation, while still remaining extremely flexible.

Advantages in comparison to Windows firewall:
Easier and quicker to use, with the ability to evaluate the credibility of programs in a global context.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Finally. It took them awhile to release this Internet Security product.. Hopefully it will be light, because with the Online Armor Firewall and Emsisoft Anti-Malware it should be good.
It seems like the retail price will be: USD/EUR 49.95

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Finally. It took them awhile to release this Internet Security product.. Hopefully it will be light, because with the Online Armor Firewall and Emsisoft Anti-Malware it should be good.
It seems like the retail price will be: USD/EUR 49.95
Actually the Firewall that will be included in Emsisoft Internet Security is a different one from Online Armor's. The new firewall is built on scratch, better and lighter.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Excellent! Chances are I'll revert to using this to replace Windows Defender & Windows Firewall that I've been using since October 2012.

Been a long time since I've seen a security suite that actually interested me in using it and not scrap it a day later.
[Excluding ESET Smart Security]

It's Emsisoft, how can you go wrong? Thanks.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@Jack
Last beta I trialled was using around 320mb working set on various pc configs.
If you consider that light then I heartily recommend it :)

Think MT should be given some discount codes ?
@Emsisoft

Reactions: Overkill

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Actually the Firewall that will be included in Emsisoft Internet Security is a different one from Online Armor's. The new firewall is built on scratch, better and lighter.
Exactly! The previous Online Armor architecture was TallEmu's.
The firewall has been built from the ground up by Emsisoft themselves :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Overkill

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
I m just using EAM 9 (trial).....It 's Great
I hope MalwareTips users find some GiveAway about the new product :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have used EIS for a long time and been using the Beta version.I think you will like the new EIS 9.Emsisoft has promised an EIS 9 giveaway shortly after its official release so stay tuned.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
I have used EIS for a long time and been using the Beta version.I think you will like the new EIS 9.Emsisoft has promised an EIS 9 giveaway shortly after its official release so stay tuned.

Thanks
Any EAM giveaway will also be highly appreciated(not the existing one which needs russian IP)

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
:)
Realesed
original.jpg

http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I just noticed my Beta version updated to the new release this morning :)

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
Thanks for the info, Petrovic.
Looking forward to try this.

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
So they're saying it's still not the stable release. Well, waiting till tomorrow then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.