Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The stable version has just not been released to the general public yet.
I have Beta Updates enabled because I have been using the Beta version.You notice the GUI has beta in progress

20qzzo3.png

Today after updating my GUI looks like this

2drrxu9.png

You notice it is not in Beta anymore

I turned off beta updates and after restart it went back to the first GUI Beta in Progress so after enabling Beta updates again and another restart it went back to the second non beta GUI.

Therefore I would imagine those using the beta version with beta updates enabled have updated to the stable release and others will have to wait on the official release

Here is the EIS 9 Beta link http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecurityBetaSetup.exe

You have to uninstall EAM & OA(if installed) to install the beta.After Installation make sure you have beta updates enabled & update again.

To enable beta updates go to settings > Updates and tick the beta update box

wlrtsk.png

Last edited:

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Will deny until the official information:D
You are aware that we rebuild the installer every day to include the newest signatures, right? You can download EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe for example and will find it was signed pretty much around the same time. I suggest you check the version number or actually install the package.

As I said before, you will know when we put the official installer offline. What you are currently doing is simply not helpful. Quite the opposite actually.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
You are aware that we rebuild the installer every day to include the newest signatures, right? You can download EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe for example and will find it was signed pretty much around the same time. I suggest you check the version number or actually install the package.

As I said before, you will know when we put the official installer offline. What you are currently doing is simply not helpful. Quite the opposite actually.
I think he's just kidding, don't take it seriously ;)

BERROHO

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2014
they must change de firwell ; if they want not affecting surfing like what they do now

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
4453 is the stable Internet Security release, yes. Not 4550 as you said.

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
Is it just me or there's still something wrong with the firewall? I can't enable it.

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Fresh install or did you do an update? Which operating system do you use?

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Should work just fine. Can you try to reboot please? Just to make sure the drivers are loaded properly.

Reactions: Exterminator

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
After second reboot, everything seems to be working just fine.

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
I noticed a certain slowness in Emsisoft. Delay to be available, on-demand scanning also takes to start. I do not have this problem with KIS for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.