Emsisoft Internet Security vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Kaspersky Internet Security with maximum settings protects you better but has many bugs. The last week one user couldn't start Kaspersky - even with a reinstall. Yesterday one user couldn't start Kaspersky because of patching it...

Reactions: ZeroDay

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Kaspersky Internet Security with maximum settings protects you better but has many bugs. The last week one user couldn't start Kaspersky - even with a reinstall. Yesterday one user couldn't start Kaspersky because of patching it...
The one about KIS not starting even reinstall may be because of HMP.A beta.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
that's just wrong on so many levels. you call them bugs but they're all related to other conflicting software..

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Lighter or heavier is quite system dependent. As I've said many times when I purchased my current Kaspersky license I was testing Bitdefender as everyone said it was lighter than everyone else. My computer became quite slow with it back then and eventually crashed forcing me to go into safe mode to fully uninstall Bitdefender. Does it mean I wouldn't consider buying it in the future? Not at all. When my current license is nearly over I'll probably test it again as well as other solutions although I'm quite satisfied with Kaspersky right now and will probably renew it.

Also many people seem to think that RAM usage is related to software being light/heavy. That's just not the case. Windows is actually quite smart, yes not quite as smart as it could be, I know, with memory usage and if the software is not slowing down your computer, you can safely ignore RAM usage.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I believe the user trying to patch Kaspersky was using the Beta patch C that is not for general use as it's still in beta.

YURY

Level 1
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 prefer because test security is at a higher level and recently it has become quite easy and not much load the system.

Reactions: simmerskool

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
6.4 files out of every 100 files. LOL. Anyway they implemented auto-resolve so a user will not have to make any decision.
I love the new feature.

No matter how many reminders and training a person gets he'll make a wrong decision one day. Security software should make decisions for the user to overcome this weakness in a security system

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I love the new feature.

No matter how many reminders and training a person gets he'll make a wrong decision one day. Security software should make decisions for the user to overcome this weakness in a security system

I like it more when a Anti-Virus ask me what I want to do. If a Anti-Virus blocks a false positive and doesn't ask me then I need to open it and add this file to the exclusions list.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I like it more when a Anti-Virus ask me what I want to do. If a Anti-Virus blocks a false positive and doesn't ask me then I need to open it and add this file to the exclusions list.
Agree on this point on FP.

However, if the security product is of high protection and of low FP reputation then you can safely say that the probability of getting a FP is very very low as compared to getting a malware infection, a scam mail etc

One incident of FP may be that you are running a pretty unknown software (like very new in the market) then many security software will surely flag this as a FP if they are using a common database like VirusTotal which itself do not even have the signature of that software.

Try installing a known software like from BitDefender, ESET, Kaspersky, Firefox/Chrome browser etc and see whether your security software will flag them as FP or not

No matter how many reminders and training a person gets he'll make a wrong decision one day.

You cannot make a wrong decision by blocking by default. When in doubt just quarantine. After a bit of investigation and it turns out to be legit, then simply restore and re-run.

Security software should make decisions for the user to overcome this weakness in a security system

No, the user should educate themselves and\or be educated on the subject matter so as not to be entirely dependent upon a security soft to protect their system and data. A fully automatic 100 % accurate and effective solution that will protect against anything possible just ain't gonna happen. Maybe when electric sheep are real the industry might be half-way there - and just another half-millenia to go...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You cannot make a wrong decision by blocking by default. When in doubt just quarantine. After a bit of investigation and it turns out to be legit, then simply restore and re-run.

No, the user should educate themselves and\or be educated on the subject matter so as not to be entirely dependent upon a security soft to protect their system and data. A fully automatic 100 % accurate and effective solution that will protect against anything possible just ain't gonna happen. Maybe when electric sheep are real the industry might be half-way there - and just another half-millenia to go...
Agree that there's no 100% automated accurate and effective solution and that also applies to decision-making by humans

Reactions: simmerskool

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Interesting about making decisions. When I test my whole suite that I run, if I am presented with a decision, I always chose the wrong one. If I can do that then I know I am protected.

Interesting about making decisions. When I test my whole suite that I run, if I am presented with a decision, I always chose the wrong one. If I can do that then I know I am protected.

You lie !!! You ain't ever made a wrong decision in your life !!! Besides, you have a full back-up recovery plan in-place. You cheat bad decision-making !!!

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
This is not just about protection. It's about whether, as a user, you are achieving the desired end result with the RIGHT decision.

If you BLOCK something which is intended to do a useful task then you make a WRONG decision! This applies similarly to QUARANTINEE something which is intending to do a useful task

This is not just about protection. It's about whether, as a user, you are achieving the desired end result with the RIGHT decision.

If you BLOCK something which is intended to do a useful task then you make a WRONG decision! This applies similarly to QUARANTINEE something which is intending to do a useful task

Well guess what, auto-resolve is going to quarantine safe, legit files. So the next complain from users will be "It is auto-quarantining my safe files !!" Really ? Then don't use auto-resolve. "No, I cannot make a decision. AV must tell me what to do or else it is garbage." Keep going in circles.

Reactions: Fritz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.