1.1%
  1. Svoll

Svoll Level 12

Nov 17, 2016
    Student/Engineering Failure
    US
    macOS Sierra
    Norton
    My vote goes out to Emsisoft, very light on system, Dual Engine, has behavior blocker, great support team, and I really like their UI.

JB007, DardiM, amir 957 and 2 others like this.
  2. WinXPert

WinXPert Level 23
    Trusted AV Tester

Jan 9, 2013
    Graphic Artist
    Manila
    Windows 7
    Emsisoft
    No vote. DOn't use those 5 softwares

JB007 and DardiM like this.
  3. novocaine

novocaine Level 4

Aug 19, 2016
    Surabaya
    Windows 7
    Comodo
    ESET
    why? because
    - very light on the system
    - very light on my wallet ;p
    - useful tools (I keep an eye on Running processes and Network Connections)
    - less bug
    - good protection, excellent signatures
    - no need 2nd opinion or complimentary security software (I have tried complimentary security, but never found any threats so ESET is enough)

JB007, DardiM and Yash Khan like this.
  4. Rodney74

Rodney74 Guest

Well I game some and surf. I have tried about every software out their... Must haves are few. But lately the only IS suite that didn't cause some gaming lag, depending where your co-op partner lives has been Emsisoft, nothing else have even come close. No lag or hiccups

5. Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge Level 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Dark Cloud Universe
    Kaspersky>Emsisoft>Eset

JB007, DardiM, Yash Khan and 2 others like this.
  6. omidomi

omidomi Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 5, 2014
    Fallout New Vegas :D
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    Emsisoft Internet Security( a little buggy,so its small company)
    Kaspersky Internet Security(My voted,great in all situation)
    Bitdefender Internet Security(King Of Bug)
    ESET Internet Security(a little weak in BB I am tester of Eset on MH)
    Malwarebytes 3.0( cheese :D )
    so so Kaspersky is N*1 and Eset and Emsisoft N*2

JB007, DardiM, Yash Khan and 5 others like this.
  7. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    #27 Yash Khan, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Coz Kaspersky by default provides good protection with no popups
    And Emsisoft by default provides good protection with popups that are not easy to take action for average users. I have noticed most popups mention like direct disk access, accessing other processes, etc & these are not easy to take action by average users.

In real world scenario Kaspersky is easy to use with good protection for everyone. Its system watcher, application control provides good proactive protection without any confusion/popups for average users.
    In real world scenario Emsisoft provides good protection But those popups are not easy to understand or take action by average users & leads to mistakes by average users for both malware & safe programs.

Tests are good to know how a product react/protect against malware. But it all depends on modules, settings, options, etc that directly affects usability, protection, etc.
    Protection + Usability, I always looks for And Kaspersky & Emsisoft, both have that But Kaspersky is better/easy compared to Emsisoft.

In threads like this, I vote keeping in mind average users & protection + usability, default settings, etc.

My vote Kaspersky 2017, light, good signs, effective proactive protection, good automatic protection in default settings, etc...

1. Kaspersky (reasons mentioned above & deserve the spot for protection)
    2. Emsisoft (I personally would use it as I can handle popups plus good protection, one of the best behavior blocker, kinda effective lite HIPS, clean GUI, no bloats, good privacy policy, good stand against PUP provides good PUP protection, have heard/read support is good, etc...)
    3. Bitdefender - If works good on your system, protection & proactive is good, etc.
    4. Eset - Good product, good protection but above mentioned 3 are better compared to it especially proactive protection & protection in default settings.
    5. Malwarebytes - Its still not a standalone protection for me And is out of the place in the list with the likes of the above mentioned products.

JB007, DardiM, amir 957 and 4 others like this.
  8. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 28
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    #28 Evjl's Rain, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    for unknown reasons, EIS trial version destroyed my google chrome and it could not be used anymore (appcontainer enabled)
    reinstalled chrome -> still could not be used

uninstalled EIS -> chrome was working perfectly like nothing happened

edit: EIS may conflict with google chrome's appcontainer in about:flags

9. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    EIS, Eset IS or Emsisoft IS?

10. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 28
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    sorry, it's emsisoft

eset is nowhere near the top AVs in my list :)

JB007, DardiM and Yash Khan like this.
  11. Mr.Pr

Mr.Pr Level 5

Apr 6, 2016
    iran
    Windows 10
    Doctor Web
    i prefer MalwareBytes for first ( but i cant use it because looks like it block Iranian IPs i don't know why! )
    after that i'm using Emsisoft Emergancy Kit ( Bitdefender+its own engine which is really god for PUAs )
    also have herdprotect ( 68 engine cloud scanner ) :)

12. dannylif

dannylif Level 1

Nov 30, 2015
    groningen
    Could you maybe do a Emsisoft vs Kaspersky video with the same samples and urls?

novocaine and DardiM like this.
  13. Durden

Durden Level 2

Dec 21, 2013
    BSC in medicine
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I chose Emsisoft IS 12 , and I'm currently using it and I'm very happy.
    people pretty much gave you an idea about the great features of Emsisoft . plus at emsisoft they respect your privacy more than any other but that's a different issue.
    now I'm gonna say something that is my opinion that's based on my experience on differnet machines (high end and low end) and my advice to you .. first of all MalwareBytes , at the time being keep it as a complementary option . and now , IMO , if you are a regular home user , I suggest removing Kaspersky from the list above , and maybe adding Norton Security to the poll instead.
    kaspersky is a great product , but I think it's strongest feature is it's greatest weakness , especially for the average home user , kaspersky is too much , it's too blown out , and I always found it buggy/heavy(no matter what they say)/too complicated . I don't want to tweak down my security solution so I could use my pc with ease, I don't want to install a product that doesn't work great out of the box . with Emsisoft for example you almost don't feel it . with norton you forget it's there . and the best thing about those two is that you get magnificent level of protection .

JB007 and Yash Khan like this.
  14. dannylif

dannylif Level 1

Nov 30, 2015
    groningen
    "In terms of protection"

JB007, Yash Khan and Durden like this.
  15. Durden

Durden Level 2

Dec 21, 2013
    BSC in medicine
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    "your experience"..
    also in terms of protection... believe me.. for the regular user (and thats most of the people) it's negligible between those products ( kaspersky/bitdefender/Emsi/Eset) .. and protection-wise lots of users above has made good points.. so I just gave my experience.

JB007 and Yash Khan like this.
  16. giants8058

giants8058 Level 4

Jan 26, 2016
    US
    Windows 7
    Emsisoft
    Kaspersky and Emsisoft in a very close second. Then Eset since BD has always been buggy for me. MB in last place.

JB007 likes this.