Emsisoft not detecting USB autorun virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
I do not like installing extra software for USB protection.
OK,it's your PC and please keep up with your configuration.Unless you try other software,you would never know what you missed.Having said that,AppGuard is not for beginners:D

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
While I was trying EAM,every time a usb was attached,EAM prompted saying dont worry,we are protecting you from USB malwares....

I dont know maybe there is something wrong with your system,Maybe you ve disabled autorun functinality and the malwares did not attack your system so there were no blocking....
maybe the malwares on the usb were inactive....remnants of the prior infection

EAM is powerful and trustworthy....If you love other aspects of EAM,combine it with MCShield

Reactions: Maxxx58 and Anupam

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi All,

I contacted Emsisoft support and here is what they replied.

"Thank you for contacting our support.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security offers realtime protection and it detects malware right before it would want to execute and prevent it from doing so - this way no malware can harm your computer. So an USB stick is not scanned when you plug it in, but it is not possible that malware come to your computer as Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security would detect the malware if it would try to write itself to your computer. If you scan an external drive of course also latent/disabled/inactive malware on it will be found.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

Thomas Ott
Customer Support"

Seems like as the Viruses was Inactive that's why Emsisoft did nothing with realtime protection. Though it's ok now but realtime protection should detect the Autorun.inf file atleast.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi All,

I contacted Emsisoft support and here is what they replied.

"Thank you for contacting our support.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security offers realtime protection and it detects malware right before it would want to execute and prevent it from doing so - this way no malware can harm your computer. So an USB stick is not scanned when you plug it in, but it is not possible that malware come to your computer as Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security would detect the malware if it would try to write itself to your computer. If you scan an external drive of course also latent/disabled/inactive malware on it will be found.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

Thomas Ott
Customer Support"

Seems like as the Viruses was Inactive that's why Emsisoft did nothing with realtime protection. Though it's ok now but realtime protection should detect the Autorun.inf file atleast.
Sounds good. Realtime protection will protect us before virus can harm our machine

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013

It s most probable

I dont know maybe there is something wrong with your system,Maybe you ve disabled autorun functinality and the malwares did not attack your system so there were no blocking....
maybe the malwares on the usb were inactive....remnants of the prior infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.