Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Tomorrow, I will install and test on my machine

You can try it. It still is a good Anti-Virus. Fileguard, ssurf protection works great. Donno why USB protection not working. Rest of the product working fine with me.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
You can try it. It still is a good Anti-Virus. Fileguard, ssurf protection works great. Donno why USB protection not working. Rest of the product working fine with me.
I often plug-in USB Drive on my machine. I am really scared if it does not scan USB Drive automatically :(

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Hi All,

I though Emsisoft has USB protection. But today I plugged in one of my friend's USB drive and it did nothing.

When I did right click scan it detected three High Risk item including Autorun.inf

Is anyone else facing similar issue? Strange that it does not have basic protection,

I am running windows 8.1 with Emsisoft Antimalware ( version 9.0.0.4799)
Anupam did you report this problem to emisoft? I always use mcshield ( default settings = less fp's) start up disabled ( as I only need it while using other's usb stick..

Reactions: Dacko

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Do you use Emsisoft Anti-Malware with third-party firewall or you use default windows firewall?

Check my signature. I use GlassWire. It enhances the windows In-Built firewall. You can try it. It's very good firewall.

Reactions: Maxxx58

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
I am using AppGuard,which provides excellent USB protection :)

• Protection from USB Malware Attacks
AppGuard blocks these attacks by preventing autorun and script launches from USB devices. In the Medium Protection level, AppGuard will only permit digitally signed programs to run and will automatically Guard these programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.