Emsisoft Now Has Script\Interpreter Protections

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Sandboxie... I have to test, but I would think it would - but only if properly configured. Sounds familiar, right ?

With Sandboxie there is a lot of configuration possible... like Comodo. So I would be surprised if advanced configured "Secure" box did not protect.

I have to find script sample again... I lost it... Hee, hee...

IF there is bypass, of course I would let SBIE know about it by giving Invincea the script. Whether they can, or will, fix it is an entirely different matter.

Default Sandboxie box, I think, will not protect...
Does CIS default settings protects against the mentioned script?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Does CIS default settings protects against the mentioned script?

Comodo detects it as malicious.

If deactivate Comodo antivirus module, script will run in sandbox. It will delete Download folder contents... unless you add that folder to Protected Objects or virtualize the Download directory.

So, basically, yes...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Comodo detects it as malicious.

If deactivate Comodo antivirus module, script will run in sandbox. It will delete Download folder contents... unless you add that folder to Protected Objects or virtualize the Download directory.

So, basically, yes...
Ok...got it.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I just visited Emsisoft support forum last night to check if they are going to release any version soon. Then i came across this one thread user asked one of Emsisoft staff when are they going to release new version to address Emsisoft firewall issue or whatever the heck is, and what astonished me is they have to WAIT FOR A MONTH to fix this issue. What a disappointed on you Emsisoft.

EIS cause Windows Update unable to connect to the internet. - Emsisoft Internet Security

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
EAM\EIS is not anti-executable like AppGuard, NoVirus Thanks Exe Radar Pro or VooDooShield.

If a malicious script triggers the Behavior Blocker, then it will generate an alert. So, in other words, unless a file does something covered by the BB, EAM\EIS will not alert. I have submitted a really nasty WinKill script to Emsi that deletes the entire disk. The reply was they can't do anything about that (since there are valid scripts that perform deletions...). It is new feature, so let 'em figure it out...
I think anyone would want to know if something is attempting to delete the entire disk Lol. Who's worried about a false positive in that scenario. If the user really is trying to wipe their disk they can always just allow the action when prompted. They can even shut the protection down if needed.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I think anyone would want to know if something is attempting to delete the entire disk Lol. Who's worried about a false positive in that scenario. If the user really is trying to wipe their disk they can always just allow the action when prompted. They can even shut the protection down if needed.

I agree, but I have learned from experience sometimes it is just best to leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.