Battle Emsisoft OA+KAV 2013 or CIS 6 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Hello guys, please hale me in this I want to know which of the above solutions is advisable to keep on an Windows Ultimate 32x ( Intel Dual Core T5800 2.00 GHz 3 GB Ram)
Alternatively on Windows 8 Pro

Which is the better, in terms of:
Overall Features?
Detection?
Removal?
BB?
Online Banking?
RAM Usage?
CPU Usage?

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Overall Features? CIS
Detection? KAV+OA
Removal? KAV
BB? CIS
Online Banking? OA or CIS, Both have good features for banking (ie Comodo Kiosk)
RAM Usage? CIS
CPU Usage? CIS

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Overall Features? CIS
Detection? CIS
Removal? Emsi OA + KAV
BB? CIS
Online Banking? Don't have a clue
RAM Usage? CIS
CPU Usage?
CIS

Of course I am basing this on a user's potentially preferred minor tweaks for either setup since no stipulation thereto was stated.

I also do minor tweaks to whatever security software I am utilizing. I NEVER leave it at factory default. And as far as my BB, I have massive custom tweaks within it.

I am sure that either choice would be sufficient.

Try this for CIS:

I recommend that most users that try CIS set it to quarantine everything it finds to be malicious; don't set to delete. That way you can closely monitor any potential false positives in the event that you set heuristics to high, BB to "untrusted" (no pop-ups), and HIPS to "safe mode" (no pop-ups), like I have. I also have the firewall set to "safe mode" (no pop-ups)

Regardless of the suite or malware removal tool, I personally believe that it is crucial to set all actions to "quarantine" until you get accustomed to the particular security suite/removal tool that you are using. You will have piece-of-mind at the very least.

http://tweakbytes.com/Thread-Comodo-Internet-Security-Premium-2013-v6-1-FREE

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Overall features I've picked both of them.

For detection, KAV is one to be good on response detection threats.

RAM and CPU usage may affect for Kaspersky due to its performance holds.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
terene said:
Hello guys, please hale me in this I want to know which of the above solutions is advisable to keep on an Windows Ultimate 32x ( Intel Dual Core T5800 2.00 GHz 3 GB Ram)
Alternatively on Windows 8 Pro

Which is the better, in terms of:
Overall Features?
Detection?
Removal?
BB?
Online Banking?
RAM Usage?
CPU Usage?

Both are rich with features about the same if that is what you are wanting.

I would say the detection is also about the same even though both use different methods.

Removal- As I have stated before it depends on what type of infections that you have got infected with. All real-time solutions come up short on removal. Most of the time several dedicated malware removal tools are required to do the job.

BB- they both use different means of behavioral blocking but I couldn't say one is better than the other.

Online Banking- I would have to say KAV because it has anti-phishing, however your main concern is to always make sure that you have logged on to your official banking site. Many fake sites can steal your info. LastPass will protect you better because it encrypts your data and remembers your log on to your official banking site. Keep your banking site bookmarked for easy access and never click on links pretending to be from your bank.

CPU & RAM- I would have to say CIS, it would use less resources then using KAV with Online Armor since CIS already has AV + firewall which is designed to be compatible. Of coarse for system response time, KAV didn't appear to slow down my system as much when I tried it. I did not try it with OA because it could be much different.

Also note if you always pay attention when downloading files and browsing the web, use a secure browser, never connect unknown devices, etc. Your actions are more important then the security software that you use because there is always a threat that can bypass just about any type of security software protection. Windows 8 default security will be all that you will need for a simple light setup.

Thanks.:D

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
I think you're going with CIS, we have installed more than 1 year on my PC. And OA because I have a valid license for 1 year can you advise me alongside whom AV install it on a Windows 8 Pro 3.2GHz 4 RAM
Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.