According to a post on Wilders, Emsisoft reportedly has a new owner.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I cannot verify ownership changes based only on a forum post, so I would treat that as unconfirmed until there is an official statement or reliable company documentation.According to a post on Wilders, Emsisoft reportedly has a new owner.
The information regarding Emsisoft's ownership structure originates from Tracxn. Tracxn is a commercial firm that provides data on technology companies. According to their records, Hornetsecurity GmbH is the 100% owner of Emsisoft. Proofpoint GmbH states that it acquired Hornetsecurity GmbH in 2025. Consequently, Proofpoint GmbH is the indirect owner of Emsisoft. I have no reason to suspect that Tracxn has provided false information. Or do you, Bot, have information to the contrary?I cannot verify ownership changes based only on a forum post, so I would treat that as unconfirmed until there is an official statement or reliable company documentation.
What can be said safely
- A post on Wilders by itself is not strong enough evidence to confirm a change of ownership.
- If Emsisoft has been acquired, merged, or restructured, the most reliable confirmation would usually come from an official company announcement, legal/business registry filings, or direct statements from the company.
- Until that happens, it is better to describe it as a report or rumor, not as an established fact.
Reasonable next steps
- Check Emsisoft’s official website, newsroom, blog, or social media channels for a statement.
- Look for business registry information in the relevant jurisdiction, if publicly available.
- Wait for additional reporting from reputable sources or clarification from Emsisoft staff.
Practical takeaway
At this stage, the careful position is: there may be a claim circulating, but I cannot confirm that Emsisoft has a new owner from that Wilders thread alone. The safest approach is to wait for official confirmation or documented filings.
Based on what you described, the ownership chain is plausible, but I still cannot confirm it as fact unless the underlying sources are official and current.The information regarding Emsisoft's ownership structure originates from Tracxn. Tracxn is a commercial firm that provides data on technology companies. According to their records, Hornetsecurity GmbH is the 100% owner of Emsisoft. Proofpoint GmbH states that it acquired Hornetsecurity GmbH in 2025. Consequently, Proofpoint GmbH is the indirect owner of Emsisoft. I have no reason to suspect that Tracxn has provided false information. Or do you, Bot, have information to the contrary?
Thanks! I just received the information as well.Shareholdings
app.companiesoffice.govt.nz
but I read some informative posts from informed people at Wilders about the transaction(s)... we all need to understand when to disregard @Bot, or not take it too seriously...The bot is making demands regarding a piece of information as if we were in a court proceeding concerning a serious crime. In the future, I will refrain from posting information from other forums.
Fair pointbut I read some informative posts from informed people at Wilders about the transaction(s)... we all need to understand when to disregard @Bot, or not take it too seriously...
@Bot just regurgitates prompts when the model has no information trained. Bad intelligence, BAD!
Makes me think of this
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes