Emsisoft Stopped my Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
after installed EMSISOFT INTERNET SECURITY (won in MalwareTips) STOPPED MY INTERNET : totally idiot software: immediately uninstalled and start using nod32 3 months free license

where is problem? never had problem with others AV SW,but this? nice joke

Reactions: omidomi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Problem cannot be resolved, because you have uninstall the software unless you remember your settings.

Are you certain that it's related to Emsisoft and not a Windows-Connectivity issue, did you run the Troubleshooting tools in Windows?

Also I recommend sharing your finding with Emsisoft Support Forums for a possible solution. :)

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
how can you resolve anything w/internet? uninstalled Emsisoft ,internet working now......
win connectivity issue=like a joke good :D

immediately after installing EMSI my internet STOPPED

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
how can you resolve anything w/internet? uninstalled EMSISOFT,internet working now......
win connectivity issue=like a joke good :D

immediately after installing EMSI my internet STOPPED
If this your only computer, then I can understand.

As posted by @BigWrench, do you remember if you changed any of the default settings or accidentally enabled Offline mode? (Link)

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I'm guessing, that if it was still installed, we as a community could figure out the issue and overcome it. I believe that is why we are all here.
Instead of just uninstalling it and bashing it.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Whether or not you won a license here or bought one from Emsisoft there is no difference in the installer or the product.
I have never in all my years using EIS ever had a problem with connectivity issues.
You could have uninstalled it and reinstalled it to see if the issue was resolved.
Checked for something that might have conflicted with it such as Virtual Box.
Went to another PC,if you have one,and start a troubleshooting thread Troubleshooting Software - Questions and Help!
I imagine you have a cell phone and could have called Emsisoft customer support.They surely would have helped you out.
Idiot software,nice joke :confused:
Not sure what the point of this thread even is?
If you reinstall it and have issues again post your issue in the link I provided above.
Thread closed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.