Q&A Emsisoft trial version

Discussion in 'Emsisoft' started by Pano, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Pano

Pano Level 1

Dec 10, 2017
    Hungary
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Hello,

Long time ago i tried emsisoft anti-malware but caused a system problem and uninstalled it after few days.
    In these days i would like to try again how it's work but Emsisoft antimalware says my trial period has expired.
    Anyone know something solution (promotion, trial promotion) how can i use it again for 30 days?
    Thanks!

p.s: Sorry for my bad english knowledge. I hope you can understand me :D

Faybert and shmu26 like this.
  2. Paul Lee

Paul Lee Level 9

Oct 14, 2014
    Windows 10
    There was a promo about a week ago which gave away free keys for the product for 1 year. Only way to get another trial is either to reformat your OS or install Emsisoft in a VM.

Pano and koko like this.
  3. koko

koko Level 5
    AV Tester

Sep 28, 2013
    Student
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    A couple of years ago, I also had trouble with it, lot's of shutdown / startup slowdown's. It's all fixed now.

As Paul Lee already said, there was a promo. I think they will do another one, with Christmas. If you are a student(only if you are), you can get 50% off. Just send them a e-mail.

lowdetection and Pano like this.
  4. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    I am afraid that reformatting will not help. It seems that Emsisoft goes by hardware identity.

5. Opcode

Opcode Level 18
    Content Creator

Aug 17, 2017
    Caille
    Windows 10
    Contact Emsisoft via the support via the website (e-mail or form) and they should be able to help. I'm sure they will be kind enough to let you use another 30-day trial, or at-least a reduced time trial. You could also use a Virtual Machine if your system is good enough and if you know how to and trial it on there to test it out for awhile.

6. Pano

Pano Level 1

Dec 10, 2017
    Hungary
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Thanks your answers!
    I'll make contact with support, this is the most clear way i think.

shmu26 and Faybert like this.
  7. Faybert

Faybert Level 10
    AV Tester

Jan 8, 2017
    Brasil
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    From what I know, they record the MAC address or serial number of the hard drive, but I may be wrong.

lowdetection and shmu26 like this.
  8. Umbra

Umbra From Emsisoft
    Developer

May 16, 2011
    Community manager
    Vietnam & France
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    EAM is mapped to machine ID, but the license (single machine) allows you 5 changes a day until the license is locked for 24h.
    Obviously, you have to un-license a machine before installing the license to another.