Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Hi guys,

So there are the useful links you need to know to about Emsisoft:

Emsisoft.com : Main place to go to learn about Emsisoft
The store: where to buy Emsisoft Anti-malware.

Products:

Emsisoft Anti-Malware: All about EAM, the flagship product of Emsisoft.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit: All about EEK , the removal tool.
Emsisoft Mobile Security: all about the mobile app.

Tools

Emsisoft Decrypter:
The tools to recover files encrypted by specific ransomware.
Emsisoft Anti-malware Network: The place to check files and know if they are safe (or not)

Community

Support Forum: the place to report issues or false positives, give feedbacks, learn about Emsisoft products.

Blog: The place to visit to be informed about the latest security news from Emsisoft.

Last edited:

Quassar

Level 9
Verified
I dont prefer emsisoft anymore....
They killed all project after few years which they bought,.. now they back to stand alone AV.

DJ Panda

Level 29
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Since when did Umbra go back to using AVs. I thought Anti Exe was his big thing. I am curious why you went to Emisoft.

Heard of them but never used them since my computer would flip out. Also poor :p

Last edited:

ispx

Level 13
Verified
I am curious why you went to Emisoft.

Christian Mairoll, Emsisoft’s founder and visionary.
His initials were the inspiration for the brand’s name. That’s “Emsi”: “MC”, hence “Emsi”.
source : Emsisoft | Who is Emsisoft?

that is so dumb. they could not find a better name for their company than this ridiculous BS they proudly state on their website. tsk tsk.

by the way, i voted no.

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Is there a link for program envolving 0day about antimalware? In that case a researcher who should contact if want public a 0day PoC?
You mean , a link so you can download PoCs or malware for testing?

Since when did Umbra go back to using AVs. I thought Anti Exe was his big thing. I am curious why you went to Emisoft.
Anti-exe are still my thing, using EAM doesn't forbid me to use anti-exe/SRP :)
I work for Emsisoft now, so obviously i have to use the product we offer so i can explain it to users, and i mentioned many times here before, if i have to use one AV, it would be Emsisoft AM.

@ispx you comment toward me is displaced, so in your opinion, i should not look and apply for a job offer when i need one?

ispx

Level 13
Verified
@ispx you comment toward me is displaced, so in your opinion, i should not look and apply for a job offer when i need one?
a job eventually boils down to money right & i posted a picture of money in reply to @DJ Panda's query about your emsisoft connection.

if you are working for them you are obviously getting paid for it, unless you are doing some charitable work for / with emsisoft.

emsisoft is in new zealand so i posted a picture of new zealand dollars, definitely not misplaced & there is no comment just an image.

how does my post imply that you should not " look & apply for a job " is beyond me. what you do in your life is none of my business.

How does Emsisoft's company name story differs from Kaspersky CEO Eugene Kaspersky? I see nothing wrong with that, in fact, I think Emsisoft is pretty cool name :p
christian mairoll is the ceo, initials CM / MC. EM SI was derived from MC. a pathetic lack of creativity if you ask me but pretty cool for you (y)

davisd

Level 18
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Cylance
christian mairoll is the ceo, initials CM / MC. EM SI was derived from MC. a pathetic lack of creativity if you ask me but pretty cool for you (y)
CMsoft would have been a more "serious" name for a security company? Who are we to judge? :rolleyes: Personally, I wouldn't have thought about how the company name was chosen if that story weren't written by Christian Mairoll. I look at the story more as a joke, not as a creativity lack. I think every company has rights to call them whatever they wanted to be. :)