Emsisoft - Web Scanner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hello all,
I've a Win10 PC with (right now) 3 AV engines working all together (see my ooooooold post: SOLVED - strange problem with EAM )
- Eset 10
- Emsisoft Antimalware
- Malwarebytes

at the beginning worked very well (EAM and MBAM were the companion AVs).
right now, my performances are ugly. I think the 3 AVs are disturbing each others and I want to remove one of ESET or EAM and keeping MBAM for on demand scanner.

ESET installs his own certificate and uses it's own engine as proxy for scanning https content. How's is managed the in EAM the https scanning?

another question: If I remove all of 3 AV and then reinstall EAM should work of could be that some orphan file/configuration could create some issues with the new installation of EAM?

thank you very much
best regards
Nick

Reactions: bribon77

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
First, I left only one AV working in real time, never two . I would recommend keeping only Emsisoft Anti-Malware, which is what will give you the best protection among the three, remove Eset and Malwarebytes, add a better program to scanner on demand such as HitmanPro or Zemana.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,
thank you for your answer... I know about these issues.... my questions are some others...
how can EAM intercept https content? is there any proxy configuration (as I have in eset)?
then, the other question: is it enough to unsinstall eset or should I format and reinstall everything?

thank you again
best regards
Nick

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hi all,
thank you for your answer... I know about these issues.... my questions are some others...
how can EAM intercept https content? is there any proxy configuration (as I have in eset)?
then, the other question: is it enough to unsinstall eset or should I format and reinstall everything?

thank you again
best regards
Nick
I believe this topic will answer your question: Q&A - Emsisoft Surf Protection questions

On the other question, do not need to format, just uninstall by Windows, this is already more than enough.

D

Deleted member 65228

Really bad idea in general even if it does work out at first/after solving this issue, because either vendors can release an update which causes an unexpected conflict at any given moment. For all you know, there could be conflicts underlying in one of the product's, breaking the protection without you being aware. Imagine if the conflict was triggered when trying to actually prevent a live malicious payload, that would be nasty for you.

Rid Emsisoft Anti-Malware or ESET 10 and use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on-demand. Problem solved. You will have good protection and the conflicting issues/performance will be solved.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Emsisoft does not scan Web traffic like other AVs do, it simply blocks websites based on white/blacklists that you can configure via EAM settings. As for HTTPS scanning, EAM does not install any certificate. Emsisoft says that this was made by design, as HTTPS scanning compromises the privacy and security of the communication. I wouldn't keep 3 AVs running at the same time, especially Eset and EAM. Just use either Eset or EAM, and leave it alone.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,
thank you very much for your replies. at the end I uninstalled eset and (for the moment) kept MBAM as on demand AV.
best regards
Nick

D

Deleted member 178

Hi all,
thank you very much for your replies. at the end I uninstalled eset and (for the moment) kept Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as on demand AV.
best regards
Nick
So what is your main AV? EAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.