Emy config

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
Yous should enable the UAC. It can save your computer from getting infected. I would add malwarebytes' or hitman Pro to the On-demand scannders.. and for chrome I would recommend to add a password manager like: last pass. A url advisor like: WOT and maybe HTTPS everywhere

Reactions: BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing your config :)
If I may just suggest you a few things :
  • Set User Account Control to default (it can be sometimes annoying but it will reduce chances for infection or undesired modification)
  • Add a second opinion on demand scanner like Hitman Pro or MalwareBytes for scanning from time to time
  • Maybe a System Image-ing program for backuping system partition in case of disaster
  • Browser extensions : some Password Manager like LastPass and some Ad blocker like Adblock or Adblock Plus

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here are a few settings that you can enable in Avast Internet Security to increase the level of security:
Avast free Antivirus detects viruses and malware, but is also able to protect your system against adware and potentially unwanted software (search bars, intrusive adware, etc.).

This option is not enabled by default. Here's how to activate it.
  1. Open Avast, click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Files System.
  2. In the "Sensitivity", select "Scan for potentially unwanted software (PUPs). Note: This action must be repeated for the Web Shield layer also..
2.jpg

Also, in the Web Shield field, you can enable "Warn when downloading files with poor reputation"
1.jpg

Are you actively using the Avast Sandbox? Do you know what it is, and how to use it?

emanueliulian

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 21, 2014
@Jack
tx for the tips..i;ve change the settings:)

I know wath is sandbox but i can't find any use at the moment. I use it only when i download software from torrents for ex.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.