Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Did you receive the alert when installing cdburnerxp? Here you can find it, the alert should be popping up while installing the program CDBurnerXP: Downloads

Hi!
First: I am a novice I never used adwcleaner so I don't even know if that think it removed was an adware, can you confirm?
If it was , I didn't get an alert .
Second: I 'll try again with toolwiz on: do you think it is safe enough ?

Only defender installed

@TheMalwareMaster EDIT: look what adwcleaner founf yesterday and it deleted it.
***** [ Browser web ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Eliminato : cdburnerxp-pro.it.softonic.com

is that your virus?

thank you

Thank you

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

This thread is only for on-topic posts, @Dirk41 if you have any problems with malware then consult Malware Removal Assistance.

The ONLY person allowed to offer malware removal or some kind of instructions to remove malware is @TwinHeadedEagle due to his experties and training. Other members are not permitted to help in this way due to the high chance of malware remnants still staying on your machine and other problems.

Reactions: frogboy and Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
This thread is only for on-topic posts, @Dirk41 if you have any problems with malware then consult Malware Removal Assistance.

The ONLY person allowed to offer malware removal or some kind of instructions to remove malware is @TwinHeadedEagle due to his experties and training. Other members are not permitted to help in this way due to the high chance of malware remnants still staying on your machine and other problems.

thank you. now i am going to update twineagle

but i am here just because i want to test if the feature i enabled works. i googoled what adwcleaner found and is not a virus, it is apperently a program you can download from a trusted website (but be careful, who knows)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
@Dirk41 here you can find a detailed guide that explains how to enable adware protection in Windows defender Add Adware Protection to Windows Defender - gHacks Tech News . If you have troubles with it due to English language, I can send you one in Italian using PM. If you enabled the protection in the right way, you should see a "threat detected" alert from Windows defender during the installation of CDBurnerXP, and you will find in the detected items, into Windows defender user interface "PUA Candy Open", like this pua candyopen windows defender - Cerca con Google Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
xp4fib.png
[/IMG]
@Dirk41 here you can find a detailed guide that explains how to enable adware protection in Windows defender Add Adware Protection to Windows Defender - gHacks Tech News . If you have troubles with it due to English language, I can send you one in Italian using PM. If you enabled the protection in the right way, you should see a "threat detected" alert from Windows defender during the installation of CDBurnerXP, and you will find in the detected items, into Windows defender user interface "PUA Candy Open", like this pua candyopen windows defender - Cerca con Google Regards

thank you very much i already received a guide in MS italian forum community from forum experts. noe i read yours too.
anyway even if it is set properly i am a little worried,since i never tried before and don't what to so if something go wrong. anyway i use sandboxie. nothing can be worng, right?

look did it right
http://i66.tinypic.com/xp4fib.png

@TheMalwareMaster ok i downloaded it but no pop up, maybe because it is in a sandbox? or should i launch it?yes i should but it doesn't launch

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMalwareMaster

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
That seems correct. You should launch and complete the installation to see the alert. There is no need of using a sandbox, because that's not a dangerous program at all (CDBurnerXP)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Because it is a legitimate program bundled with some adware (opencandy), which is put there by CDBurnerXP developers to make money. Defender prevents only the adware installation, so at the end you should have CDBurnerXP installed

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
and does someone knows other tips like this to improve defender performance?
thank you

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Dirk41: Windows Defender provide already the possible maximum performance and its protection, hence all you have to do is either add a companion based program to enhance the detection.

Anyway in your latest post, yes it will remove permanently the sample taken from detection.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
@Dirk41: Windows Defender provide already the possible maximum performance and its protection, hence all you have to do is either add a companion based program to enhance the detection.

Anyway in your latest post, yes it will remove permanently the sample taken from detection.

hi, thank you for your replies.
i used a paid third party av for years,because my father buy it for more devices. but now (also because italian MS support insist to not use third party av,because the make w10 instable) i want to try to defende my self with other techs and common sense.
i also keep malwarebytes free,sandboxie by my side. also wanto toolwiz but not sure if w10 crashes.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
The tweak is working correctly in your PC. Microsoft always pushes users to use their products ;) but in Windows 10 Windows defender is really good and have no impact in boot time at all

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Telling other members to install some kind of malware is not permitted. You can test it is active with other means not putting their system is danger.

Sandboxie Help

From Sandboxie
Verified
Developer
Feb 26, 2016
Use Sandboxie as you are and any AV software you like that is compatible with SBIE, win 10 and the AV.

As for toolwhiz, um...I simply recommend making backups. There are simple and free tools. Also, not changing settings that you may not be familiar with. Your best defense is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.