Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Again have to wonder why MS is making this an opt in thing instead of an opt out. Having all users default to protecting against PUA would significantly decrease the chances of infection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Microsoft false positive rate is worth convincing so having an adware protection can generally make a conclusion to be confirm as not a mistake to be flag.

They can detect those some PUA/PUP in such simple cases then no reason to opt-out.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Looks good, is it worth doing and is there any way to confirm it is working? @Secondmineboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dirk41
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Although it looks wrong check regedit and when you download it and restart your PC you have a large update.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Klipsh is right as are so many others with the confusion as to why MS took yet another BassAckword approach to this.
Yet another reason I employ other means and leave Defender sleeping peacefully ;)

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
guys i am trying to add this feature too right now (for the first time in my life i want to test W defences on one pc) and i am confused : Plus or Pus? i surfed the net but someone say one thing, someone else say another. what's correct so?
thank you.
and agree: no sense not adding it by default

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
ok i think you opted for Pus. unfortunately (before coming to this forum) i added Plus.
how can i correct? i am not en expert sorry.

sorry for doublep post. i don't know how to delete

Last edited:

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
It's Pus. I think You can locate the key, delete it and them create an other one with Pus. Then reboot. After the reboot update the product. To see it you did everything correctly, install "CDburnerXP". During the installation, a WD alert should be popping up and in the detected items list you should see "PUA CandyOpen"

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
It's Pus. I think You can locate the key, delete it and them create an other one with Pus. Then reboot. After the reboot update the product. To see it you did everything correctly, install "CDburnerXP". During the installation, a WD alert should be popping up and in the detected items list you should see "PUA CandyOpen"

hey here's where i found that name: just here.

today i had problems. installed adwcleaner and it found cdburnerxp look the log please..how can i upload the adwcleaner file?

but wait i didn't downloaded it, i only googled it. how it is possible?

***** [ Browser web ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Eliminato : cdburnerxp-pro.it.softonic.com

Last edited:

kaddy

Level 2
Verified
Jan 23, 2016
MS WD does excellent detection wise now. and free, no nagging, and does its thing and you would never notice it unless you get a detection. Low FP. I have never gotten a false flag.
As long as you are smart, and use safe practices, WD should be good enough for most people. Once they implement this fully, plus 0 day, WD could become all that is necessary.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

May I ask you where I can find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.