Advice Request Encrypt Questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
I try Veracrpyt a couple of weeks ago, so i dont fully understand how it works. So i have 2 different questions about encrypt and how it works.

First question: is about Veracrypt When i follow the intructions to mount an encrypted volume, the file that Veracrypt create is a common file, that anyone can delete it. So what happens if someone delete that file that veracrypt always ask me to use to get access to my encrypted files?

Second question: I know that is a totally different topic, but i was looking for a SSD (im going to buy when i get the money) and i found a 850 SSD EVO Samsung that says that the disk encrpyt all the files in it. I know its not the same, because veracrypt needs a password to get access to files, but this means that when i delete the files from SSD theres no track to recover?

Sorry if its in the wrong section.

Reactions: DJ Panda
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.