Advice Request Encrypt write cache

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Does anyone enable this feature in shadow defender? I have never used it and is there any advantage to use it?

Write Cache

Shadow Defender can use RAM as write cache. When write cache is enabled, Shadow Defender will write all the changes into the cache. This will increase the disk access speed. And when the write cache is exhausted, all the write operations will be redirected to disk seamlessly.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I don't see a setting in SD to do this."I started a little experiment recently, to see how well Shadow Defender handles its RAM cache. I have 16GB or RAM total on my laptop and out of that I have assigned 4GB to the SD RAM cache"

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
is it the one you want?
5236_2_light_virtualization_software_review_and_guide_shadow_defender_full.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Thanks, it has been right in fron of my face the whole time. I think I read about that before but just never tried it. Think I will give a try.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.