Encrypted.google.com is going away

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
On my encrypted.google.com page I read this:
"The core functionality of encrypted.google.com has been incorporated into the Google search homepage. Those visiting this URL after 30 April 2018 will be redirected to Google."

New bad move from Google:
Encrypted.google.com is going away

Source: Encrypted.google.com is going away - Google Search Help
Aaron is a Search expert and author of this help page.

"Important
: Google will turn off encrypted.google.com on April 30, 2018. When you visit encrypted.google.com, you’ll be directed to www. google.com.

Newer browsers use HTTPS
Google created encrypted.google.com to give users a way to securely search the internet. Now, all Google products and most newer browsers, like Chrome, automatically use HTTPS connections.

How this change affects older browsers
If you go to www. google.com and don’t see "https" in the address bar, you can:

• Type Google.
  • Update your browser to the latest version."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this bad google move is on direction to cut my English google, and redirect to google of country I reside. I hate this google country redirect! My privacy would be affected by this move, this is what google is searching here...for real. My english search results would be gone forever.
Time to delete google from all my browsers, forever.

This is my encrypted.google.com page I use for now: Google

Fortunately, there are some good search engines, which have privacy at heart - and english search results, voila.

- Search appropiate topics about search engines here on MT.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Setup this as your search engine or homepage.
Code:
https://www.google.com/ncr
Yes thanks TairikuOkami - your link redirects here to google.com but in English, so good! - then results page address are google.com/search?source=hp&ei=: Google - too English google, with English results after typing query, good!

ncr is meaning no country redirect

Well I use too:
SearX.me: searx.me
unbubble.eu/?_new-tabs=1&sti=0&uil=en-US&lang=en-US&cx: European Search Engine: neutral & confident - US Version

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Those changes in google algorithms drives us crazy...
- all these google moves are for undermine our privacy, by reinforce, strengthen the already strong tracking ...it's not good!...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.