Advice Request Encryption software - Easy to use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I'm looking for easy to use Encryption Software similar to Kaspersky Encryption. I don't mind if it is paid or free. I don't wan't software like Veracrypt or Axcrypt (too many steps). I am looking for something simple with very little steps to open encrypted files easily.

A program to encrypt folders (containers if you wanna call it)...double click, input password, BAMM....It opens. Nothing complicated.

Closest thing I've found is 7zip for simplicity. FolderLock wasn't what I was looking for either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Steganos safe is quite good.
From their website

'The Safe is your secure drive for storing sensitive data.
The Safe is used like any drive on your computer. Save, edit or delete files on it. When the Safe is closed, your data is protected. Without the password unauthorized third parties cannot access the Safe file.'

Reactions: spaceoctopus

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Does Bitlocker encryption folders? Thought it only encrypts full disks or partitions.
Hello, if you have W10 Pro or higher you can encrypt a very simple folder. Attached is a screenshot of how it's done. Bitlocker is simple to use and very secure. Best regards.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
@motox781 Check out these:

Hope you find what you need. :oops:

Reactions: harlan4096

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Veracrypt for large files on my computer, Axcrypt for small office files on my thumbdrive

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.