Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
EPIC the private browser MT topic ..

EPIC the private browser Home page : http://www.epicbrowser.com/

New browser blocks snooping adware, Google tracking
Epic Privacy Browser encrypts when it can, proxies search requests : on networkworld.com : http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/091013-epic-privacy-browser-273702.html

Network World says:
- For Web surfers tired of having their browser activities tracked and who want to make anonymous searches, the new Epic Privacy Browser from Hidden Reflex may be just the thing – with the added bonus of some faster download speeds.

The browser, free to download, proxies all search requests so they can’t be traced back to actual source IP addresses, and it has a one-click proxy feature that can invoke the same proxy for any other type of browser activity, according to Alok Bhardwaj, founder and CEO of Hidden Reflex.

.. The browser won’t accept third-party cookies and blocks trackers as well as ads, which often include trackers. The average Web page contains six trackers, he says, with some having up to 40. A side benefit of blocking them is faster download speeds from some sites because without ads and trackers less information is downloaded to build pages, Bhardwaj says.

Epic blocks referer data sent to search engines to prevent those engines from gathering and selling the data to advertisers.

Yes, truly EPIC!

The best privacy browser Worldwide - I downloaded, imported easily my favorites, bookmarks, and surf now, VERY quickly indeed!

Last edited:

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Quota:
"That 80% was blocked. EPIC browser has a virustotal download checker built in. SO When downloading a files ( videos excluded), the download manager of Epic asks you if you want to ran a quick virustotal check and when you click it checks the download in virustotal (only takes a couple second) and gives you the result in a new tap and if its safe then you can click to continue downloading your file and if not then you can cancel the download.

That how it passed 80% of malware links."
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-My-newest-test-of-browser-protection
Looking nice in test but i will stuck with firefox now :lolz:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
This NEW Epic version v29.0.1.0 is Chromium based, Sir ..

'Epic is powered by Chromium for amazing performance and rendering.'

'After a year of development, we’re thrilled to launch the first-ever privacy-focused browser built on chromium. We have a simple philosophy: what you browse and search should always be private. At long last, privacy has become a global concern, and we’re glad to join many, many from around the world who believe that their privacy is worth fighting for to join us. With Epic, we provide a fast, simple browsing experience but with a ton of privacy versus regular browsers — so you really can have it all.' :

The Epic Privacy Browser from Hidden Reflex is born. : http://blog.epicbrowser.com/?p=10

Last edited:

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"This NEW Epic version is Chromium based"
Thanks for the info sir... but i am trying to say i like firefox but in the future may be i give a try to epic.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I have downloaded .exe setup, and all Epic files direction in my Windows XP is:

"C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Epic Privacy Browser\ .."

- yes, and another folder in Application Data here, is called 'Epic'.

So two Epic folders are created: 'Epic Privacy Browser' (234 MB) and 'Epic' ( 42.8 MB).

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Hurry up as well, because future is uncertain .." :lolz:
yap soon as i like the feature virustotal built in integration but i am using portable browser.
Is the portable version is available on the net ?
Thanks

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
"Hurry up as well, because future is uncertain .." :lolz:
yap soon as i like the feature virustotal built in integration but i am using portable browser.
Is the portable version is available on the net ?
Thanks

YES, download .zip, that's all .. so click on blue Download button, then choose .zip ..

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
Ohhh...thats nice thanks for share as i only use portable version due to privacy issue :)

Sooorry, but this .zip lead next too to .exe - this same ..

So no portable version for now, we attends, please Epic team please ..

------------------------------

No problems, if you would remove Epic browser from your PC:

- First, click on 'Customise and control Epic' button at the top right of the Epic browser page,
- then on 'Uninstall Epic privacy browser' link,
- then delete another folder called 'Epic' in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Epic, and another 'Epic' folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Epic
- then delete two Epic Scheduled tasks in C:\Windows\Tasks folder,
- then Registry entry called 'Epic Update', in:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Epic Update (thanks Tiny Watcher!)
.. and: HKCU\Software\MozillaPlugins\@updates.epicbrowser.com/ ..
.. I'm not talking about Epic 7 Prefetch folders, okay, you can leave them.

That's all, I promise.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
WalterWolf said:
Is it possible to install Sticky Password Autofill Plugin on it somehow ?

NO, because Epic, for reasons of privacy, does not allow install any plugins ..

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
i had problems login to epic via chrome so watch out i dont trust this browser at all any more different secured browsers out there

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
GOOD intentions here:

' The Epic Privacy Browser from Hidden Reflex is born.
We thank you all for your support. After a year of development, we’re thrilled to launch the first-ever privacy-focused browser built on chromium. We have a simple philosophy: what you browse and search should always be private. At long last, privacy has become a global concern, and we’re glad to join many, many from around the world who believe that their privacy is worth fighting for to join us. With Epic, we provide a fast, simple browsing experience but with a ton of privacy versus regular browsers — so you really can have it all. Please keep telling us how…'

Epic Forums link: http://forum.epicbrowser.com/ - Interesting readings here, ask your questions and requests ..

Alok Administrator wrote here: http://forum.epicbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?id=5

'We want to build privacy services which are by design private -- so that they're transparent in terms of your privacy being protected. We believe that's possible with Epic, but it requires vigilance from the community.

Epic is proudly developed in India so no NSA worries!!

Also, there are at least two ways at present to make sure of Epic's integrity.

One is through releasing our source code and making sure it's available to all (Chromium is released...everyone needs to make sure there aren't flaws, etc. -- so far it's shown itself to be very, very secure!).

The second and very important is for users to occasionally use tools like LittleSnitch which jeff and damacdonald used to find some aberrant behaviour. You can see from time to time calls made from Epic to make sure none are going out to somewhere it shouldn't.

We have to work as a community and need your help to ensure our privacy & freedom!'

We expect impending, imminent update!

Last edited:

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Epic is proudly developed in India so no NSA worries!! "
and what are you think upon it :
IndianGovt. violates privacy safeguards to secretly monitor Internet traffic
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/govt-violates-privacy-safeguards-to-secretly-monitor-internet-traffic/article5107682.ece?homepage=true

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MalwareVirus, post your new topic in the News section, with your link very interesting ..

.. and ask your question on Epic forums, why not ..

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"MalwareVirus, post your new topic in the News section, with your link very interesting .. "
Its a old news now .

".. and ask your question on Epic forums, why not .. "
I only intended to focus your mind on that particular line.Yes it correct when writer of the article writes this article it is true but after 8 sep when this news come out ???

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is this the same EPIC Browser that was based on Firefox using the ESET engine?

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
im now using cyberfox AMD browser i like it had alot of problems loading epic maybe its my security EAM + Online Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.