ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR - solution

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR - solution tonight ..

Tonight, just now I had the problem of all HTTPS websites stopped responding: seen ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR only ..

"This site can't provide a secure connection. encrypted.google.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR "

All HTTPS websites failed to load in Chrome forks (Slimjet, Iron, Cent, Opera too)!

Firefox, New Moon - no problem.

I have found a culprit: UltraSurf VPN extension - who obviously has temporary problems. So I disabled UltraSurf, and enabled SkyZIP proxy I have in my extensions in my all Chrome forks, and everything is fine now. I'm waiting for the repair of UltraSurf, which I prefer...

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and XhenEd

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? This happened to me once on my own website when I made the switch from my main hosting name servers to cloudflare servers. Probably switched SSL certificates when I did that and somehow I couldn't access my site before clearing my cache

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
It's okay now, UltraSurf. The breakdown lasted about 3 hours. So I switched again from SkyZIP to UltraSurf, everything is good for now, solved!

- Yes, I cleaned the browsers, but this didn't work. I also clicked on chrome://flags/#enable-quic -and changed from Default to Disabled - but this didn't work either.

Thank you Hanmin and techienerd, and Good Night!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.