Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
My mistake! I've also Zemana antimalware premium
Hi! Please update the same in your configuration.
---------------
With EmsisoftIS guarding your PC, you need not have Malwarebytes for real-time. That's an overkill; Emsisoft already is a powerful anti-malware!
The same way either CCLeaner or WiseCare should reside in your PC. If you've premium of WiseCare, then you can preferably uninstall CCLeaner.
For chrome, adding to what @aragornnnn mentioned, you can add 'Avira Browser Safety' and 'uBlock Origins' for safe preventive browsing.
Nice set of safety tools :D

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Hi! Please update the same in your configuration.
---------------
With EmsisoftIS guarding your PC, you need not have Malwarebytes for real-time. That's an overkill; Emsisoft already is a powerful anti-malware!
The same way either CCLeaner or WiseCare should reside in your PC. If you've premium of WiseCare, then you can preferably uninstall CCLeaner.
For chrome, adding to what @aragornnnn mentioned, you can add 'Avira Browser Safety' and 'uBlock Origins' for safe preventive browsing.
Nice set of safety tools :D

Thanks for the tips, I updated my configuration! ;)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Good security config, maybe a bit redundant the real-time section.

If you are testing malware in the VM, please consider using a VPN to protect your real IP that, under NAT configuration, is shared with the host PC.
Dynamic test of botnets malware, pony, RAT, etc. could process your real IP that could be blacklisted by your ISP.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good! I would consider the suggestions already made.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: JM Safe

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Good security config, maybe a bit redundant the real-time section.

If you are testing malware in the VM, please consider using a VPN to protect your real IP that, under NAT configuration, is shared with the host PC.
Dynamic test of botnets malware, pony, RAT, etc. could process your real IP that could be blacklisted by your ISP.

Thanks for your advice. You have something to recommend? I thought about SoftEther VPN Open Source...

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Looks good. However, like Parsh said, you do not need Malwarebytes. In addition, you might not need Appcheck, because Emsisoft has amazing antiransomware capabilities and Voodooshield is a great whitelisting program.

-Tairan

Removed AppCheck and update my config. ;)

Reactions: Parsh

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
I switched to VS pro

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Removed: sandboxie (last 6 months never used)
Removed: HerdProtect (last 6 months never used)

I switched from uBlock Origin to Adguard Adblocker
I switched from True Image 2017 to Macrium Reflect 7

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Great config bro ;). Keep up the good work. Emsisoft Rocks! :p

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

Great explanation bro @Parsh ;) but what about my system? EIS is guarding mine alongside VoodooShield Pro and HitmanPro Alert. Now, I was wondering is it necessary to add Zemana Antimalware Premium as a real-time protection into my system? or doesn't necessary? Thank you very much

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Great explanation bro @Parsh ;) but what about my system? EIS is guarding mine alongside VoodooShield Pro and HitmanPro Alert. Now, I was wondering is it necessary to add Zemana Antimalware Premium as a real-time protection into my system? or doesn't necessary? Thank you very much
Hi Rebsat!
It'll be great if you create your Security Configuration thread for everyone to get an idea about it.
You seem to already like this setup very much that you mostly don't want it remove things but add some..
I came across another config past week with the same combo as yours. Let me reiterate and explain something.

You've selected probably the best tools from each type of defense layers. If your system specs allow for a satisfactory performance with this setup, it should be fine.
Forget adding Zemana to the already paranoid setup. It's good as an ondemand.

Alternatively, you can pick a lighter route of it's a bit heavy (lighter setup, I prefer):
Remove one (HMPA or VDS) depending on your needs.
1. If you primarily need lockdown and AI opinion of VDS, keep VDS.
VDS will add a heterogenous layer to your setup and provide more control.
2. Otherwise keep HMPA (behavior alert + anti exploit + keystroke encryption..)
3. OR the 3 together with only keystroke encryption in HMPA.
EIS already has a powerful and alarming behavior guard you know.

In short, considering that you've paid for HMPA and all the software have least overlappings/incompatibilities —> you should either keep the 3 if you want the lockdown (blocking) by VDS, or remove VDS from the 3, if it is otherwise.
Keep safe :)

Reactions: Rebsat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.