Advice Request Error in Kaspersky log

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
hi I'm having an error in Kaspersky update log in Kaspersky security standard on a clean installed system

PM;Installing patch...;NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM;System user;C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\sidrv\drivers_x64.msp;File;C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\sidrv\;drivers_x64.msp;;;;Installing patch...

PM;Patch installation failed;NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM;System user;C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\sidrv\drivers_x64.msp;File;C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\sidrv\;drivers_x64.msp;;;;Patch installation failed

a patch installation failed after clean install before restart. There is no patch installed log in update logs after this error. I'm on latest version downloaded from USA link
is that normal? the app is working ok and there is no error or something. the error code is Error_0x80070BC2
@harlan4096

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum weird... I have a K.Plus 21.6.7.351 in my lap, and I did not get any update error today:

1656355277213.png

I guess You did not change K. Standard source servers:

1656355355456.png

Maybe a Patch A on the way...

1656355429247.png

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
Hum weird... I have a K.Plus 21.6.7.351 in my lap, and I did not get any update error today:

well there is one error in one of my update logs and its a patch error, and no the settings are default. can you inform them about the error code and see if this is a problem or not, because this happened on a clean installed windows 11 system with near zero apps installed just fully updated drivers and windows.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.