Sign in with associated Microsoft ID
Account log-in
  • Windows Hello PIN
  • Exposure to malware
    No malware samples are downloaded
    Real-time Malware protection
    Windows Defender AV/FW built in protection
    RTP configuration
    Hard_Configurator at Recommended Configuration. FirewallHardening with H_C Recommended Rules and MS Rules presets., ConfigureDefender set to High
    Periodic scanners
    Malwarebytes Free
    Browser and Add-ons
    Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
    Bitdefender TrafficLight, UBlock Origin
    Tweaked Anti-Exploit settings for Chromium Edge (see change-log for link)
    Privacy tools and VPN
    UBlock Origin (Tweaked Medium Mode as per: Browser Add-on - uBlockOrigin flexible modes )
    Password manager
    KeePass Original
    Search engine
    Bing & Google
    Maintenance tools
    BleachBit
    Photos and Files backup
    Macrium Reflect (Free)
    File Backup schedule
    Once or multiple times per month
    Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect (Free) to External HD Monthly
    Backup schedule
    Once or more per month
    Computer Activity
  • Playing computer games
  • Browsing the web and checking emails
  • Streaming movies, TV shows and music from the Internet
  • Office and other work-related software (Work from Home)
  • Computer Specifications
    Acer Aspire E15
    Intel Core i3-400SU
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    12 Gig DDR 11 RAM
    1TB HDD
    Your changelog
    22/09/2020 - Changed from KeePassXC to Original KeePass 2.x. Also removed KeePassXC Edge Extension.

19/09/2020 - Changed from Windows Mail to Thuderbird 78.2.2

08/09/2020 - Tweaked Chromium Edge Anti-Exploit settings: SECURITY: Complete - ErzCrz Simple Strong Protection

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 34
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    You may scrap Netcraft and Trafficlight unless you've disabled Edge > Settings > Smartscreen. SS has malware and phishing protection covered, my friend! :D
    I disagree :D
    SmartScreen is very good but allows a partial download before blocking the malware.
    Bitdefender TrafficLight fully blocks the download.
    Together they protect you very well against malware and phishing.
    So, my preferred combo would be SmartScreen, Bitdefender TrafficLight, uBlock Origin and a password manager.

ErzCrz

Level 6
    Verified
    I disagree :D
    SmartScreen is very good but allows a partial download before blocking the malware.
    Bitdefender TrafficLight fully blocks the download.
    Together they protect you very well against malware and phishing.
    So, my preferred combo would be SmartScreen, Bitdefender TrafficLight, uBlock Origin and a password manager.
    Thanks BD TL is a useful tool and one I'm still using. Trying out ClearURLs o help with tracking as I use Chromium Edge as Balanced but not sure I need ClearUrls with my setup. Password manager wise, I use KeepassXC which links to the desktop app as it has TOTP capability.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 34
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Thanks BD TL is a useful tool and one I'm still using. Trying out ClearURLs o help with tracking as I use Chromium Edge as Balanced but not sure I need ClearUrls with my setup. Password manager wise, I use KeepassXC which links to the desktop app as it has TOTP capability.
    Not sure about the ClearURLs extension, but it seems like a good one and gets recommended by some members here.
    I have set tracking protection in Edge on strict because that ignores site engagement and only added exceptions for some local news sites.
    You can learn more about tracking prevention and site engagement here:

ErzCrz

Level 6
    Verified
    Not sure about the ClearURLs extension, but it seems like a good one and gets recommended by some members here.
    I have set tracking protection in Edge on strict because that ignores site engagement and only added exceptions for some local news sites.
    You can learn more about tracking prevention and site engagement here:
    Thanks Gandalf, you've been a big help :D

ErzCrz

Level 6
    Verified
    Just a quick update.

Disabled autofill passwords in chromium edge, exported and put them all in the KeePassXC database, turned off autofill with KPXC extension, setup some two-factor authentication for a number of sites it was possible on and all good to go. I'll change more passwords as I come across the sites I use.

security123

Level 24
    Verified
    Just a quick update.

Disabled autofill passwords in chromium edge, exported and put them all in the KeePassXC database, turned off autofill with KPXC extension, setup some two-factor authentication for a number of sites it was possible on and all good to go. I'll change more passwords as I come across the sites I use.
    Hope that you doesn't add the 2FA into the same database ;)

ErzCrz

Level 6
    Verified
    Sorted. There's only a few sites with 2FA available that I belong to but sorted those now running authentication with WinAuth (encrypted and Pwd protected) :D

ErzCrz

Level 6
    Verified
    Oh for ---- anyway, it's fine, encrypts, password protects and it's what we use for work VPN authentication and just does the job. I don't use my phone as I have a old windows phone from work I use (hoping for and upgrade when it breaks lol) so the options are only PC based. Should have just kept it with KeepassXC and just created a secondary database in that for the Totp. Hmm... anyway, nothing better to do today I guess lol

ErzCrz

Level 6
    Verified
    Have you tried Bitwarden?
    I can have a look at it, looks as though you get 2FA with the free version. Maybe it's time I have a fresh look at password managers. I don't do any browsing when I'm away from this laptop or home really apart from google and maps on my phone. So it doesn't need to be online and doesn't need to sync anywhere as I can always put a copy backup somewhere.

@security123 mentioned having 2FA in a separate database.

I'm just after a simple easy to use secure option. Anyway, time for some research then... Thanks both.