Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Bitdefender free + Spyshelter Free + Windows Custom Anti-Exploit Settings + Sandboxie
Firewall security
About custom security
BD free + Spyshelter free auto allow high security level.+ FF in Sandbox.
Periodic malware scanners
none
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox: user.js ++ uBlock Origin + + cookie Autodelete + Simple Translate + CanvasBlocker
Chrome: Bitwarden + Norton safe web + Malwarebytes browser guard.

Secure DNS
NextDNS.
Desktop VPN
wireguard
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
hdd
System recovery
Macium free+ AOMEI Backupper Pro
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Gaming
Computer specs
R5 3600
gtx 1050 ti
3 ssd + 2 hdd
ds3h v2
32Gb ddr4
Notable changes
syshelter free 5/01/2021
comodo FW + ahnlab v3 lite 21/06/2021
malwarebytes antiexploit 22/6/2021
simple windows hardening 26/6/2021
Hard configurator 5/9/2021
tyniwall 5/92021
ccleaner 5/9/2021
Removed WDAC 17/09/2021
Removed SysHardener 19/09/2021
Removed Avast, H_C. 22/09/2021
Removed SD + C_D + Neustar
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I am not using the current version of osarmor, is it the same?
Which version are you using?

You should just give Microsoft Defender with Configure_Defender + Simple Windows Hardening and (maybe) OSArmor a try. As you are saying that you are not using the current version of OSArmor I would think about uninstalling it too and rely on the Windows built in exploit protection if I were you.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Webroot, Spyshelter, mbae and cf warp only.
Hello,

How are you my friend?

It's fun to test different Av products but believe me the less is better. testing different Avs is waste of time :) just pick smth free like Kaspersky (smth robust) and stick with it for months no need to add this or that.

Playing with windows security makes you mentally sick cuz there is no end to it and you can always find new tools and ideas on how to secure it (partially).

I think it's better to use Microsoft OS for work and entertainment, the purpose of windows is usability, not security.

Also, don't listen to ppl in the MT forum. they wasted lots of time on the security aspects of life (no offense sorry guys).

we all can do better things than securing windows like reading books, watch shows, spend time with family or friends and .............. .

Gl.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Hello,

How are you my friend?

It's fun to test different Av products but believe me the less is better. testing different Avs is waste of time :) just pick smth free like Kaspersky (smth robust) and stick with it for months no need to add this or that.

Playing with windows security makes you mentally sick cuz there is no end to it and you can always find new tools and ideas on how to secure it (partially).

I think it's better to use Microsoft OS for work and entertainment, the purpose of windows is usability, not security.

Also, don't listen to ppl in the MT forum. they wasted lots of time on the security aspects of life (no offense sorry guys).

we all can do better things than securing windows like reading books, watch shows, spend time with family or friends and .............. .

Gl.
Spot on Sunshine-boy

Although I think the security aspects can become an entertainment in itself or maybe it`s to late for me and I have become mentally sick already ?

Hope you are keeping well ?

Regards Eck:)

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Now I have the problem that I can't run anything, I get this message:
Untitled.jpg
And I don't know how to solve it. XD

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
You are using the last free version of OSA ? :unsure:
I believe OSA version 1.4.3.0 was the last free, but it's no longer maintained by NVT, so it's more like a security risk at all ;)
Why risk? Works on the latest version of Windows is quite normal. Failures are quite possible in the future, but so far it works quite normally and correctly. ;)

Reactions: oldschool

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Why risk? Works on the latest version of Windows is quite normal. Failures are quite possible in the future, but so far it works quite normally and correctly. ;)
Vulnerabilities that could be exploited are still possible. Actually quite ironic to use the outdated version of the software that is meant to mitigate the risk of exploits. I would just spend the money to support the dev and get the new version or simply use free alternatives like H_C.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Vulnerabilities that could be exploited are still possible. Actually quite ironic to use the outdated version of the software that is meant to mitigate the risk of exploits. I would just spend the money to support the dev and get the new version or simply use free alternatives like H_C.
Nothing is new under the Moon. Remember that in Shakespeare? :) That is why an outdated anti-exploit program can work quite well, since there has not been anything drastically new in terms of penetration techniques lately :) Developer support is good! But $ 20 for 1 license for 1 pc for a year is a rather high price, since almost at the same price you can buy Kaspersky antivirus for a year, and for 2 PCs at once, or Norton 360 Standard for 1 PC, or Eset antivirus for 1 PC. And then all this in each case will cost 4-5 dollars cheaper. It is strange that the program for additional protection to help the antivirus costs more than the antivirus itself :) Of course, NVT is a small company, cannot be compared with Kaspersky Lab or Eset, but nevertheless, the price of a license for home use cannot be slightly less than the price of a corporate license ... OSArmor is a good addition for computers in corporate networks, I do not think that a large number of ordinary users use this software or even know about it at all.
For comparison, the Polish Datpol (a small company too), which develops a spyshelter as an addition to antivirus, also once developed a free version of its program, and then stopped and began selling licenses at a rather high price, but later returned and supports the free product, although and in a very stripped down form.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
@SecureKongo @SFox you both make valid points but people that know about it will still continue to use it until it's no longer compatible.
I myself am currently using version 1.4.3. As long as it is compatible and not a problem, why not use it? And when failures begin, then you can uninstall. I would switch to the current version 1.6, but the price confuses me, and I have already said why. If a license for home use was half the price than it is now, I would buy it only to support the developer (since in 2 years of using the program, it worked for me only 2 times and then with false positives).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.