Eset 13.0.22.0 Final

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I wish all AV vendors wrote their AVs like Eset. Somehow they managed to make it even lighter than it already is.
It's not that hard to make an antivirus light when it doesn't even have an Application Control or BB LOL. Anyways, this doesn't mean it doesn't protect, so you guys better not start throwing tomatoes this way! :p

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
It's not that hard to make an antivirus light when it doesn't even have an Application Control or BB LOL. Anyways, this doesn't mean it doesn't protect, so you guys better not start throwing tomatoes this way! :p

Application Control IS NOT a system performance heavy feature and it IS NOT a core antivirus feature and ESET has a behavior blocker via Deep Behavioral Inspection, a submodule of HIPS, that could do Application Control anyway.

Deep Behavioral Inspection
Enable Deep Behavioral Inspection – another layer of protection that works as a part of the HIPS feature. This extension of HIPS analyzes the behavior of all programs running on the computer and warns you if the behavior of the process is malicious.

HIPS exclusions from Deep Behavioral Inspection enable you to exclude processes from analysis. To ensure that all processes are scanned for possible threats, we recommend only creating exclusions when it is absolutely necessary.

A behavior blocker can be heavy on system performance, but an unoptimized core engine would be much worse.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Application Control IS NOT a system performance heavy feature and it IS NOT a core antivirus feature and ESET has a behavior blocker via Deep Behavioral Inspection, a submodule of HIPS, that could do Application Control anyway.

A behavior blocker can be heavy on system performance, but an unoptimized core engine would be much worse.
behaviour blocker != application control

Application Control can and will probably affect performance, depending on how optimized it is, since it needs to check vendor lists, move to restriction groups, and is connected with firewall and real time protection.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
behaviour blocker != application control

Application Control can and will probably affect performance, depending on how optimized it is, since it needs to check vendor lists, move to restriction groups, and is connected with firewall and real time protection.

Where I said that behavior blocker is the same of application control?

I said that it isnt a core feature for antivirus solutions and it isnt that heavy on system performance, there are much more computational bottleneck in security solutions than an Application Control module, but, yes, behavior blocker can have a very detrimental impact on system performance.

You said that or at least inferred that ESET doesnt have an Behavior Blocker and that isnt true.

ESET could use the HIPS feature together with Live Grid (cloud reputation) to make a functional Application Control submodule, but they wont, because it isnt a core feature.

Ps: Not every security solution should be a clone of Kaspersky to be effective, I am a user of it and personally I dont care to enable Trusted Application Mode and dont care too much about Application Control.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Reading my post again I could see why @Robbie thought that I implied that "behaviour blocker != application control", that wasnt my intention, what I meant with the phrase "HIPS, that could do Application Control anyway" is that ESET HIPS is already monitoring application execution (and much more) so it is already impacting the system, an Application Control submodule wouldnt change that "weight" too much.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
how do you uninstall it.? on my system it did not a uninstall code and I v
can not enter into safe mode for years. I can however use a very old Marcrium back to get ride of it.
I struggled a bit uninstalling it also today. Revo was somewhat useless, Soft Organizer was a failure, couldn't get into safe mode on one desktop, so I used the good old fashion Control Panel. Let Eset use its own built in uninstaller. CCleaner cleaned up the leftovers. Good Luck. Aggravating!:mad:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

SpectraShadow83

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 26, 2019
Avast and Eset functions
eset funzioni.jpg
avast  funzioni.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

You should not use third party uninstallers to remove antivirus solutions, always use the default uninstaller and if it fail try the vendor specialized removal tool, like this one:

my computer will not go into safe mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your link says as follows
In Safe Mode, double-click the installer file you saved to your Desktop in step 1 to run ESET Uninstaller tool. If you want to use the Advanced user commands below, open an Administrative command prompt first and then change to the Desktop directory.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
my computer will not go into safe mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your link says as follows
In Safe Mode, double-click the installer file you saved to your Desktop in step 1 to run ESET Uninstaller tool. If you want to use the Advanced user commands below, open an Administrative command prompt first and then change to the Desktop directory.

What is your Windows version?

Reactions: KonradPL and JB007

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
im going to agree with you on removing software with another program i said earlier to use revo( please do not ) i learned
the hard way with revo the other day i did remove junk cleanup and it removed my nvidia card from the system had
to install windows again.i will listen to nightwalker about no 3rd party software removing software

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.