Battle eset 7 or others

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i find it a real chore to grasp esets settings everything in that application is said in a way that you need a PHD in programming and antivirus coding and hard scientific words

is there any other antivirus out there thats simple to use like eset, i cant use comodo it blocks curse client for my warcraft addons

Reactions: Ulikedat

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
all i want is a simple anti virus not something i need to study at university for to understand all the settings, think i lgo with comodo

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
all i want is a simple anti virus not something i need to study at university for to understand all the settings, think i lgo with comodo
Comodo is not the simplest to use, I think Eset is easier to setup than Comodo, just my opinion :) If all you want is basic protection that is a no brainer then Bitdefender free is it, but protection wise I would just stick with Eset.

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
I hardly went to college bud and to me the settings are very simple, infact i enjoy tweaking around and yes it is very hard recommending something over Eset altho Tiranium seems to be doing just as great in the Virus Exchange section so maybe you should give that a try. There is also Baidu, Kaspersky and Emsisoft wich did really well in latest AVC. Dr.Web and VBA32 doing really well at CRDF. So many good options out there but what might be simple for you might be difficult for me and vica verca. Hooray for trials ey.

Reactions: juhful

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
well i have mental problems and i find eset hard to understand plus the HIPS pops up every bloody file on my pc, tbh ofc eset is better than comodo cos eset is paid and comodo is free

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
That isn't really a fair assessment of a product because one is paid or not. AVG is a paid product but I can almost guarantee that you would find more people wanting to use 360 IS. Just because a product is paid doesn't make it better. It might make support better but that's about it. Comodo can be little confusing if set up that way. There are AV's that are easier to deal with like Bitdefender Free, Avira free and Avast. All 3 of those are free and are easy to understand and use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
im not gonna use eset it jsut bugs me 24/7 about some crappy file i dnt even know to create a rule popping up so ##### eset im going with comodo

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
god i hate trying to pick an antivirus, ok so all in all i dnt care if its paid or free which has the best detection rate and is light on the system while easy to configure

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.