Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
1488124_10152618663420908_3128941438010788169_n.jpg

10203598341_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

System requirements

For the seamless operation of ESET Smart Security Beta or ESET NOD32 Antivirus Beta, the system should meet the following hardware and software requirements:
Processors Supported: Intel® or AMD x86-x64.
Operating Systems: Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, 8, 7, Vista,
XP SP3+ 32-bit, XP SP2+ 64-bit.

Known Issues

• EGUI (sometimes also OS) hangs up for Interactive HIPS mode
• HIPS: Edit rule window not fully displayed after enabling/disabling and modifiying
• Expired TRIAL/Beta license restricts product functionality

Last edited:

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Finally!
Thanks for the news, I am now joining the Beta program and try to install it. I hope you have some good improvements (mainly proactive defense).

Last edited:
Reactions: nissimezra

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
What's new in BETA?

Exploit Blocker (ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus) has been enhanced to detect even more JAVA-targeting malware.

Botnet Protection (ESET Smart Security) brand new technology prevents misuse of users’ computers for spamming or launching attacks against web servers.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I was expecting a lot from ESET 8, but.
Yeah ESET is known for its stability, so they have to maintain their stability so they try Introduce things slowly, but all those too perfect.
But ESET said that new interface in underdevelopment, don't know when they will introduce them, let me guess in v20.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I was expecting a lot from ESET 8, but.
Yeah ESET is known for its stability, so they have to maintain their stability so they try Introduce things slowly, but all those too perfect.
But ESET said that new interface in underdevelopment, don't know when they will introduce them, let me guess in v20.
Lol, maybe :)
me too was expecting more from eset...
According to ui... I know it was not changed from along time and being boring sometimes because we always looking for changes and new ui in each version....
But i hope when the next ui be available in v.20 :d, that will be as light and simple as the current one I Will not being happy with new and heavy ui

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Glad to see enhanced exploit detection. Has anyone seen this feature in action in v.7?
They should add whitelisting to the HIPS component so that it can be protective at defaults.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I wish at least they change their interface.....well quite interested about botnet protection in ESS.....why they have not included it in EAV without it we have nothing new for EAV except performance tweak here and there..

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Botnet protection is components of HIPS features ,but you can see separately it HIPS .

Reactions: samit

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
They should have add HIPS improvements (as whitelisting) at least, but whatever
What's new in version 8
ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 8 features many small improvements:

·A new Smart mode for HIPS – is placed between Automatic and Interactive mode. Ability to identify suspicious activities and malicious processes in the system.

·Enhanced Exploit blocker – Designed to fortify commonly exploited application types such as web browsers, PDF readers, email clients and MS Office components. Exploit blocker now supports Java and helps improve detection and protection from these kind of vulnerabilities.

·Device control – A replacement of Removable media control used in version 5 and 6. This module allows you to scan, block or adjust extended filters/permissions and define a users ability to access and work with a given device.

·Advanced memory scanner – Works in combination with Exploit Blocker to strengthen protection against malware that has been designed to evade detection by antimalware products through the use of obfuscation and/or encryption.

·Anti-phishing improvements – ESET NOD32 Antivirus now blocks scam sites as well as phishing sites. Improved submission of suspicious sites and false positive sites by users.

·Specialized cleaner – A bundle of the top 3-5 most prevalent critical malware threats.

·Faster and more reliable installation – Including an initial scan which runs automatically 20 minutes after installation or reboot.

·Mail plugin compatibility – Our plugin now integrates with Office 2013 and Windows Live Mail.

·Improved compatibility in Windows 8/8.1 – ESET SysRescue is now fully functional on Windows 8. Toast notifications are now shown in the Windows 8 environment, notifying you of HIPS detections or file detections that require user interaction or downloads of potentially unwanted applications.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Does my existing license will also work with the Beta version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.