Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Interface doesn't changed .

4498976861_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Each antivirus / internet security siute changed its interface but ESET. That's a little bit strange. A metro style could be mote useful than that GUI.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Want to give it a go.but have heard that is hard to uninstall :(

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I see that they added a new smart mode in HIPS! Nice job if it actually works.. Who cares if the UI is the same when this is gonna be an one of the top of the top security apps.
Anyone to test smart mode;
I would do it, but I am on vacations at the time xD

Reactions: Edward ST

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Until Now ESET do not release any documentation for ESET v8, so do not know much about Smart Mode of HIPS.

Reactions: chanakya

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Eset has always been a bit weak in terms of behavioural detection despite components such as the HIPS and IDS, advanced memory scanner, smart signatures and so on . Lets hope in that version they improve on that side. But overall Eset has always offered quality products. :)

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
I've been using the beta ever since it was announced.

To me, it looks and feels like version 7 and I've had no problems with it.

Yes, your existing license works with it. Enjoy.

Reactions: JAMESWT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.