d247f.jpg

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Eset is a very good product and you will not be disappointed, light on system, great detection,good web blocking.The only thing they have to improve is their 0 day detection. But overall is a good program i was using until last week and i was really satisfied with it.
I hope i have helped you and to enjoy eset;):)

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
Yes, ESET is very good, and besides detection rate it is one of if not the most stable AV I have used. Their beta versions are more stable than some of the other vendors' so called final releases (in fact they are often betas making a wider audience involuntary beta testers). Also when it comes to zero-day protection - if you are a regular surfer, I don't think you need Comodo or any paranoid set-ups. You don't need to make your PC fall hostage to security programs, it is not made to serve them but you.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ESET & Kaspersky are both excellent.Best way to get your answer is to try both on your system and decide which is best for you.As it has been said already common sense and education go a long way in staying malware free.Like some have said nothing is 100%.If you get a Flu shot there is still a chance you will get the Flu.However if you wash your hands & get the proper amount of rest your chances of getting it are reduced.

UrAvgLinuxUser

Level 2
Verified
Aug 5, 2014
ahhhh mann...you made a great choice, simply because I have been using it since version 6 (Which is not that long ago) and I never felt protected that much in my life. Even though I am smart when surfing the web and I know which is bad and good, but its the point were I get alerts like crazy when it comes to watching mlb games or nba games or any other shows on my laptop at websites were they keep throwing you garbage pop ups or even downloads that download automatically without my permission.

I honestly could keep talking about it until you get tired of hearing about eset and end up switching to a different antivirus!lol

But being serious right now, it really depends on how you surf the web becuase no matter which antivirus you get, you will get infected. Eset will narrow that chance by a huge amount, but it wont completely protect you.
"The smarter you surf, the harder it becomes to get infected":p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.