ESET, any good, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
One of the best products on the market. Easy to use.
It has all features which an antivirus should have. Excellent blocking of malicious sites. Light on system. Doesn't hog system resources.
Their customer support is brilliant.
I've been using it for years on various PCs I own
Cannot recommend highly enough.

Dima007

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Hi bro
One of my bro deleted my post by mistake, so I do it again

Something stuck with Kaspersky after they changed the user interface, sorry but I like the old interface. Kaspersky heavier than ESET but provides good protection.
As people have already told you here, ESET is the light one with good protection, simple menu and interface, especially the simple users and doesn’t hurt the defense capability. You get good protection.
Haven’t tried 8, still with 7, but you can find the Botnet Protection http://blog.anti-virus4u.com/2014/08/botnet-protection-by-eset.html If you already tested it, I'd like to know if it's effective.

As people have already told you there is no 100% protection

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Eset is the worst of the worst. Too light for me and i don't like the high detection.

Sarcasm.jpg

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
With any decent antivirus and with common sense along the growing knowledge about this branch you will never get infected. Malware is overrated ;). But the social (spying) system we live in is rather underrated :).

You make some good points but your reasoning, while perfectly sound, cannot be applied to most people.

Sadly we are now living in a world of kamikaze Facebooker's where common sense seems to be, at best, in short supply. It think it's a bit unrealistic to expect the majority of computer users to have the same level of experience, knowledge and as you say, common sense.

Generally speaking, most people who get their machines infected deserve it because they can't be bothered to spend a couple of hours gaining some knowledge.

Reactions: Neno and Ulikedat

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It took a while but I got it.Nice one.
smilie_happy_007.gif
smilie_happy_007.gif
smilie_happy_007.gif
Me too!! I must think a bit too literally :confused: or (perhaps) slowly!!:p:rolleyes:
I'm going back to "Like" Ulikedat's post!:D ..but first..

I didn't forget about your query either, Tony.;):)

We've been using ESET NOD 32 Security 7 since mid August, and have had nary a complaint.
This week, I'd rather belatedly followed a helpful fellow member's advice setting the AV to an even higher level.
Shortly after making these setting changes, ESET found a :eek:trojan on an old forgotten file among my downloads!o_O
Suffice to say, I'm quite pleased, and hope you shall feel as I do!!:D

Update: A well known and "Trusted" member related to me how ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 (for linux) "..found 137 threats.. found, trojans, backdoors, ect.." on the "hacker/deep penetration "Back Door" distro. These cannot effect linux, but can in fact infect Windows.

Last edited:

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Me too!! I must think bit too literally :confused: or slowly!!:p:rolleyes:
I'm going back to "Like" Ulikedat's post!:D ..but first..

I didn't forget about your query either, Tony.;):)

We've been using ESET NOD 32 Security 7 since mid August, and have had nary a complaint.
This week, I'd rather belatedly followed a helpful fellow member's advice setting the AV to an even higher level.
Shortly after making these setting changes, ESET found a :eek:trojan on an old forgotten file among my downloads!o_O
Suffice to say, I'm quite pleased, and hope you shall feel as I do!!:D
I've been using ESET since five years. i remember its ESET Nod32 3. It was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.