ESET custom approach review

Status
Not open for further replies.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Preferbly, no no rating...i wouldnt give the product any rating...as i know i almost crippled it to the neck :D

so no rating...on whole a av is only effective when all its arms and ammunation are installed...this review is like barking on wrong guy...no rating...no nothing...

full review with everything installed will be done in some time.:sleepy:

D

Deleted member 178

Just the Web Guard of ESET is not bad, now how much resource it uses? i dont know if you can disable all the other components like Avast.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
now how much resource it uses?

attachment.php

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
all that for just the webguard...?

I'm not sure. I got that screenshot from the review Biozfear did.

P

Plexx

ESET with settings disabled will still use same RAM.

Unlike Avast, ESET does not have the option to not install specific components. Only disable them. RAM usage is due to the signatures.

Choosing ESET to do a similar approach as Earth and me on another product was not a wise choice but regardless, there's no information on links used or anything.

D

Deleted member 178

Ok thanks, i think Avast is among the few ones that allow you to not install some features.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Ok thanks, i think Avast is among the few ones that allow you to not install some features.

Not yet...the second line of defense option in avast is yet not fully developed...they are still improving...agree that i cant make custom installs in eset...this is a pain u know to test :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.