Not open for further replies.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello at all,

after re-imaging my PC back from another AV Product setup. I have just noticed an od behavior with the ESET Firewall.

The Window showed (Firewall Interactive Mode) for Allowing or Denying the connection but with no Process name and an odd destination IP.

So to be safe scanned the shizm out of my PC (HitmanPRO, Malwarebytes MBAM/MBAR, Kaspersky) just to find out that Kaspersky Virus Remover does not like the ESET Scan drivers. False Positive: HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Prikormka.gen

Now still that did not solve my issue... So I went Old-school with Process Explorer and TCPView just to hit myself on the head?! TCP Port 3260 is the Default Port for iSCSI. The Process ID the ESET Firewall triggered was PID 4 also known as System Process for NT-Authority\System

Then I looked at the iSCSI Initiator and found the troublemaker. An old Address to an old Storage of mine!

To what point did I want to report this, is that the Firewall Window will not show that the iSCSI Initiator is the Trigger of the Message and you have to know were to look.

Here are some screenshots and that behavior can be reconstructed.

2016-11-27_16-13-51.jpg 2016-11-27_16-34-08.jpg 2016-11-27_16-40-03.jpg

Best regards
Val.

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.