ESET Internet Security 2019 vs McAfee Internet Security 2019

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Lately, I have seen more positive reviews of MIS 2019, and in some cases EIS 2019 ranked lower.

If you had to choose, which one would make you feel more secure, and which of the two do you think is better?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Lately, I have seen more positive reviews of MIS 2019, … .

That may be true, but I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from our experience with it when it was included as part of our ISP package. Heavy, cumbersome to use and poor GUI. And this was in 2017. It may have changed though.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Lately, I have seen more positive reviews of MIS 2019, and in some cases EIS 2019 ranked lower.

If you had to choose, which one would make you feel more secure, and which of the two do you think is better?

Most reviewers get paid so i don't think you should lean on reviews. Try both and you'll see which one works best for you.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I have tried both McAfee and ESET. MIS have higher system impact compare to ESET. And what bribon77 says he is absolutely correct.
Eset Internet Security, without a doubt, has a great Firewall and a powerful HIPS is good against PUPS. And a very good euristica. If you know the potential of Eset and how to configure is tremendous.(y):giggle:
But it was difficult for me to configure ESET so i installed F-Secure SAFE( free 1 year licence;))

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I have tried both McAfee and ESET. MIS have higher system impact compare to ESET. And what bribon77 says he is absolutely correct.

But it was difficult for me to configure ESET so i installed F-Secure SAFE( free 1 year licence;))
If it is true F-Secure SAFE or Emsisoft Antimalware. are more automated have fewer advanced options.:giggle:

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
If it is true F-Secure SAFE or Emsisoft Antimalware. are more automated have fewer advanced options.:giggle:
I think that F-Secure SAFE is more automated. It doesn't even have a pause button in scan window:p, you will have to stop it. But it full scan is faster than malwarebytes scan on my PC. I found it as light as ESET except file copying. If ESET is configured than it is better than kaspersky in terms of device protection.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Usability: McAfee
Performance and System Impact: ESET
Computer protection (Antivirus engine, Heuristic engine): McAfee
Internet protection (Web Guard, Anti-Phishing, Antispam, Browser extension):McAfee Web Protection
Proactive protection (Behavior blocker, HIPS, Sandbox):ESET
Network protection (Firewall, Botnet protection):ESET
Banking & Payments protection :McAfee
In 2018 McAfee Better than ESET

Best of Them :
1- Norton 2- Bitdefender 3- Kaspersky

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
IMHO I would go for ESET, I've used it on & off for 15 years or so, that was NOD32, they added a firewall & became the program we see now & I honestly have never had an issue with it. I would also consider Norton, it has a good & very easy to configure firewall & gives really good protection - I'm running it now on 3 PC's & very pleased.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
this is what i found in the hub on mcafee. it protected 2 out of 3 times.

Daniel Hidalgo Level 33TrustedMWT-TesterVerified
Jan 8, 2019
New #5
Guest/OS: Windows 10 PRO 64Bits 1809 Bluid 17763.195
Product: McAfee Internet Security 2019 V. 16.0 (Custom Settings)
Static (On-demand scan): 5/9
Dynamic (On execution): 0/4
Total: 5/9
SUD: YES
System Status: INFECTED
Files encrypted: NONE
Process Explorer: INFECTED can not be opened since it was infected (disabled by the last sample)
Autoruns SAFE
spoiler: Scan System
INFECTED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 15, 2019
New #3
Containment:VMware® Workstation Pro 15.0.2 build-10952284 & Shadow Defender 1.4.0.672
Guest/OS: Windows 10 PRO 64Bits 1809 Bluid 17763.195
Product: McAfee Internet Security 2019 V. 16.0 (Custom Settings)
Static (On-demand scan): 2/3
Dynamic (On execution): 0/1
Total: 2/3
SUD: YES
VPN: Avira Phatom VPN v. 2.18.1.30309
System Status: PROTECTED
Process Explorer: SAFE
Autoruns SAFE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 10, 2019
New #2
Containment: VMware® Workstation Pro 15.0.2 build-10952284 & Shadow Defender 1.4.0.672
Guest/OS: Windows 8.1 HOME build 9600 x64 bits
Product: McAfee Internet Security 2019 V. 16.0 (Default Settings)
Static (On-demand scan): 1/1
Dynamic (On execution)(Bonus Test): 0/1
Total: 1/1
SUD: NO
VPN: Avira Phatom VPN v. 2.18.1.30309
System Status: CLEAN
Bonus Test
System Status: INFECTED
Spoiler: Custom Settings
Spoiler: Update
Spoiler: Static Scan
Spoiler: Dynamic
Spoiler: Check System &Scan System
the system is locked, no further analysis can be executed, the process can not be killed, the machine restarts and leaves the shadow mode
Thanks for the sample
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
protected 2 out of 3
66% success rate.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.