App Review ESET Internet Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
ESET Internet Security ver 14, 15
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
I will rate the program interface with four stars. In general, not bad, but for an ordinary user it will be very difficult to understand the intricacies of the settings, they are very detailed. It will be especially difficult to write the rules in HIPS. In addition, in the main window, the developers have brought in express tiles those functions that are not so important for the user. Instead of start scan - a report on the program's operation, instead of Quarantine - Bank payment protection, which I can easily launch from a shortcut on my desktop anyway. The Quarantine itself is hidden away so hard to find.
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
In terms of protection, I give four only based on the latest test results of antivirus laboratories and tests from users on various YouTube channels. A performance of about 90% is worthy of 4 stars. But in the last test for protection against targeted attacks, Eset repelled 13 attacks out of 15 in the test for home users and 14 out of 15 in the test for corporate users, while in the test for corporate users the settings were set to an aggressive level, and for home users - by balanced level by default. In addition, if the user independently prescribes his own rules in HIPS and the firewall, as well as the recommended rules from developers and other experienced users, he will eventually receive about 98-99% protection. Therefore, I can put Eset even 5 with a minus, when the developers, by default, write down their recommended rules in HIPS. Web protection and network protection are excellent.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Many features
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
Negatives
    • Can be costly to run
    • Not for beginners
    • Can be complex in some situations
Time spent using product
Recommended for
  1. Experienced users
  2. High-end or medium spec PCs
  3. Low spec PCs
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.