Battle ESET IS vs F-Secure SAFE. Help me decide!

Compare list
ESET Internet Security
F-Secure SAFE

restwrst

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
I just won a 1-year licence of ESET IS from completing AV-C survey and a 3-year F-Secure Safe licence from recent giveaway.
By considering mainly on system impact and and level of protection, help me choose one of those because I only have a single laptop.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Both are decent and you can't go wrong with either one of them. How about using ESET for one year and F-Secure after your ESET license runs out? Performance-wise ESET is probably the better choice. Protection-wise I would pick F-Secure.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Tough choice but I'll say F-Secure anyway.

F-Secure has excellent protection, Avira engine, excellent protection against unknown threats (DeepGuard), and no need to set it up.

Eset also offers excellent protection, but not on unknown threats.
By default, Eset HIPS only protects its files.
For increased security, it must be set with rules that is not available to everyone ....

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020

restwrst

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I use EIS btw. Is there any simpler explanation other than this? I think those are rules for business products.
Hi.
I've exported default settings with only HIPS and firewall rules added. You can download it here: UPLOAD.EE - HIPS_FW-deny.zip - Download
Unzip xml file, go to Setup - Import/Export, find xml file and import it.
Office rules are for Office 2019. If you have other version of office just let me know which version and I'll modify the file.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think ESET can experience change by adjustment. If you get tired of the adjustment, please come to F-Secure. F-Secure is easy to configure, so you may feel that something is missing.:)(y)

..EIS is sometimes confused with emisi, and ESET is a better way to describe it.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Hard to choose. ESET I think is the better between the two but you really can't go wrong with either. ESET with the tweaks posted by @Minimalist is the better choice. As for a default install of either, go with F-Secure. Either product is a winner though imho.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.