ESET
Kaspersky

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
ESET or Bitdefender or Kaspersky

Which is better for low config system with very good protection ??? ( 4 GB RAM, Core i3 2nd Gen Processor, 128 GB SSD ), Currently it's not possible to extend RAM.

Please share your valuable opinion. Thanks. šŸ˜Š Take Care all... ā¤ļø

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
ESET is most likely to "just work" and not interfere with the functioning of your computer.
Bitdefender tends to be heavy.
Kaspersky tends to be light, if your system can handle it. It looks like you have a very old processor. 2nd gen.
You can install Kaspersky trial and see how it behaves on your system, but my guess is ESET will work best for you.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
ESET is most likely to "just work" and not interfere with the functioning of your computer.
Bitdefender tends to be heavy.
Kaspersky tends to be light, if your system can handle it. It looks like you have a very old processor. 2nd gen.
You can install Kaspersky trial and see how it behaves on your system, but my guess is ESET will work best for you.
Kaspersky is better but privacy issue...??

Reactions: Nevi and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Kaspersky is better but privacy issue...??
In terms of security, Kaspersky and Bitdefender are both excellent.
In terms of privacy, well, you can't trust anyone. Neither your friends nor your enemies. Everyone is spying on everyone.
I would rather let Russia know everything about me, because I don't live in a Russia-controlled country, so the info they have will not impact my life. But if a Western-allied country knows everything about me, it could potentially impinge on my life. That is IMHO.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I agree. Until a week or so ago I was using a laptop with 2nd gen i3 CPU. ESET didn't cause any performance issues, but some other antiviruses did and most like Kaspersky would cause slowdowns too. The desktop I'm using now has a much faster 4th gen i5 and Kaspersky is very light.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I agree. Until a week or so ago I was using a laptop with 2nd gen i3 CPU. ESET didn't cause any performance issues, but some other antiviruses did and most like Kaspersky would cause slowdowns too. The desktop I'm using now has a much faster 4th gen i5 and Kaspersky is very light.
So Kaspersky cause slowdown as per my config ??

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
By the way, you did not mention which version of Windows you are running. That can make a difference, too.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.