Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Users who are looking for a way to recover ESET username or password or both will be glad to know that a free utility is available to retrieve ESET username and password from the Windows registry. The tool we are talking about here is ESET Password Decoder.

recoveresetusernameandp.jpg

ESET Password Decoder is a portable tool and lets you quickly recover your lost ESET username and password. Download and run the tool to view your username and password. The tool supports all recent versions of ESET including the latest ESET Smart Security v6.0. We tested the tool on ESET Smart Security 6 running on Windows 8 (x64) and can confirm that the software works great.

ESET Password Decoder supports all recent versions of ESET Smart Security and NOD32 Antivirus and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.

Download ESET Password Decoder

100% clean MBAM,Kaspersky

VirusTotal Scan Results

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
it didn`t work for me...said my ESET is not password protected, but it is...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
tipo said:
it didn`t work for me...said my ESET is not password protected, but it is...

It gives you your license key Username and password.For example you want to reinstall ESET or want to upgrade to a newer version but cant find your Username and password,this will decode the password which is displayed as dots and encrypted in the registry

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This can be used in a good way and a bad way.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
McLovin said:
This can be used in a good way and a bad way.

What would be the bad way? Using it to pull the username and password out of beta and trial installers....ooops,you meant something else right :D

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
White Nobster said:
What would be the bad way? Using it to pull the username and password out of beta and trial installers....ooops,you meant something else right :D

Maybe to get a longer lasting key.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
You don't tell the method how to use it.

Steps:

Drag Data.dat File on the EsetPasswordDecoder.Bat
and you will get the username & password

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Unknown said:
You don't tell the method how to use it.

Steps:

Drag Data.dat File on the EsetPasswordDecoder.Bat
and you will get the username & password

Just extract to desktop and run the EsetPasswordDecoder.bat or run the .bat from the zip, it will show you your Username and password as in the screenshot in my original post.I blacked out my username and password for posting purposes.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
White Nobster said:
Just extract to desktop and run the EsetPasswordDecoder.bat and it will show you your Username and password

sorry i every time Run it as administrator so it was not working but when i dragged and drop it on EsetPasswordDecoder.bat it worked but when i opened it normally it worked.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
Could anyone help me? On an XP, there is ESET 4 (Business Ed), and the .bat when ran, says registry key not found. I have no idea how isn't there a Password key as guessed from the bat's contents, while there is one set in the antivirus.

Also, does anyone understand how the data.dat file is structured? Like how to decode a password myself, without the bat? I read somewhere else that it only does it for 20 characters, which I can confirm looking at data.dat... but then I'm lost as to how it's structured. Or rather, I found a Password hex on Google, of which nth character I couldn't find in nth column to tell what character is it. Might have been a fake hex, or I don't know how to work it out... If I made any sense.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The length of the encoded password is 40.I dont know why you are getting that,is the username and password expired.I am not too familiar with the business editions as they are very hard trial keys to obtain.I dont run this as an administrator.I have never had any errors running this on windows XP,7 and 8.It would be quite a task to decode the password.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
White Nobster said:
The length of the encoded password is 40.I dont know why you are getting that,is the username and password expired.
No, it's still valid. Just asked in case anyone knew why Business edition doesn't have a lot of reg keys such as the Password, unlike the mainstream one. At least here it does not. It does have to store it somewhere though...
White Nobster said:
.I have never had any errors running this on windows XP,7 and 8.It would be quite a task to decode the password.
Can't really tell what the bat does, so not sure, but obviously it's comparing to the data.dat file somehow. Makes my head ache.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
iScream you got me thinking about it now :p:D I will look into it for you and see if I can come up with an answer.As long as you have your Username and Password saved somewhere safe you should be fine.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
Well I have no idea where does it store it. Registry is clear, no obvious files in its directories either. Since it's business edition, it might have a central management and pulls it from there? Who knows...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Business Editions are different than home editions.In a home edition usually a key for Smart Security will work for Antivirus also.In the business editions they will only work for those and the number of PC'S the license is for.This might not work for business editions.I have never installed the business editions.There are also username and password recovery sites where you put in your Username and or email that you registered with and they will send it to you.That is if you bought and registered the software and not from a trial license.

guiseppe

Dec 23, 2012
White Nobster said:
Users who are looking for a way to recover ESET username or password or both will be glad to know that a free utility is available to retrieve ESET username and password from the Windows registry. The tool we are talking about here is ESET Password Decoder.

recoveresetusernameandp.jpg

ESET Password Decoder is a portable tool and lets you quickly recover your lost ESET username and password. Download and run the tool to view your username and password. The tool supports all recent versions of ESET including the latest ESET Smart Security v6.0. We tested the tool on ESET Smart Security 6 running on Windows 8 (x64) and can confirm that the software works great.

ESET Password Decoder supports all recent versions of ESET Smart Security and NOD32 Antivirus and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.

Download ESET Password Decoder

100% clean MBAM,Kaspersky

VirusTotal Scan Results

unfortunately didnt work for me it brought up a decoded password which i didnt put in as it was nothing like the password i put in anyway i tried it on eset and it said wrong password
using eset smart security 5 any ideas guys

guiseppe

Dec 23, 2012
madyrocksin said:
I can't confirm this since i m not using eset now, please wait for others to reply ;)
hi guys like i said in earlier post ran the password decoder brought up the
seriel and password which i know is in correct as its just mixed up letters
tried it anyway but dont work
would appreciate a reply from someone in the know
thanx

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
guiseppe said:
madyrocksin said:
I can't confirm this since i m not using eset now, please wait for others to reply ;)
hi guys like i said in earlier post ran the password decoder brought up the
seriel and password which i know is in correct as its just mixed up letters
tried it anyway but dont work
would appreciate a reply from someone in the know
thanx

What system are you running it on Windows 7 or 8,32-bit or 64-bit?Is it a trial key or a key from a site that posts keys? I have never had a problem running it.I havent used it in a while,since Beta & RC editions are almost over and Installers expire in about a month.I will run ESET in VM and run the Password Decoder and report back as soon as possible

guiseppe

Dec 23, 2012
What system are you running it on Windows 7 or 8,32-bit or 64-bit?Is it a trial key or a key from a site that posts keys? I have never had a problem running it.I havent used it in a while,since Beta & RC editions are almost over and Installers expire in about a month.I will run ESET in VM and run the Password Decoder and report back as soon as possible

hi thanx for your reply i am running windows 7 32bit my official key ran out 10 days ago now using
a key from a site

it will bring up the key but not correctt password as i sort of remember it being a nickname of sorts i used , but it brings up the "decoded password as a series of letters which i 100% didnt use.(but still tried) its not a "trial" key

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.