Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Hey fellow members,

I wanted to start a collaborative (positive) thread on experiences with ESET's new Smart Security 10 (other versions such as Internet Security and Smart Security Premium are welcome too)!

In the ESET forums, I found this official Release Announcement post. I would encourage anyone having any questions or issues to view post #2. A moderator there has posted a PDF with what appears to be a PDF of links the top viewed KB articles regarding ESET Smart Security 10. I found it really helpful. It has installation tips in it as well.

Purpose of thread: Discuss your experience with the product, offer suggestions to other users, things you found helpful, what is new and improved, if you need support - where did you find the answer, etc.

I hoped to open up a dialogue and hopefully condense threads into sort of a master one where users could go for information and tips as well as support links.

Suggestions for this thread are welcome too.

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
I have ESS v10, I get it by clean installation replacing previously build ESS v9. the new ESS v10 runs very light on my laptop even lighter than v9. it uses less memory and I like the new features like anti-ransomware which triggers certain HIPS sets to block ransomware, it's really helpful because previously I have to create certain rules manually by referencing to this video and it's a bit too much for me as I'm not IT guy, another new feature I like is home network protection, It gives detail information whos connected and whats blocked.

and what I don't like is ESET UI, I don't like it since v9, in my eyes ESET UI v8 is better, neither I dont like the tools layout, why they hide the old tools like this below???? why don't just spread it along with new tools so it can be accessed easily
eset1_zps6l1sauql.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.