Battle Eset Smart Security 6 vs Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Which one is better Eset Smart Security 6 vs Trend micro titanium internet security 2013 ?

If you had to pick between these two which one would you go for?

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Eset smart security 6 or Trend micro titanium internet security 2013

hich one is better Eset Smart Security 6 or Trend micro titanium internet security 2013 ?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Eset smart security 6 or Trend micro titanium internet security 2013

I say Trend, but I know many users like the advantage that ESET has when it comes to HIPS and is quite lighter on the system. One thing ESET can't beat is Trend's web guard.

So if your looking for a light, but configurable Internet Security Suite I say ESET, but if your after some Internet Security Suite that you can prefer to have a strong web guard, Prevent Unauthorised Changes, then Trend is the one there.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

I voted ESS 6 only because I have used the RC version on windows 8 and I have always used Eset in the Past. The earlier beta versions had a memory leak problem which I also noticed on the RC version.I have not tested the English version Final release to see if the memory problem was addressed.The RC version ran well on both windows 7 & 8.In fairness to Trend Micro, since I have not used it for a very long time,it to has it's strong points also and a fairly good detection rate.

If you are trying to get some input on making a decision on which one to use,I would suggest trying each one on your system and see for yourself how they perform.ESS is a very user friendly program that isnt supposed to tax your system.

D

Deleted member 178

exterminator20 said:
The earlier beta versions had a memory leak problem which I also noticed on the RC version.I have not tested the English version Final release to see if the memory problem was addressed.

still high on RAM (around 120+mb)

If you are trying to get some input on making a decision on which one to use,I would suggest trying each one on your system and see for yourself how they perform.ESS is a very user friendly program that isnt supposed to tax your system.

it is why i vote ESET, not saying the HIPS, and many others features.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
still high on RAM (around 120+mb)

Wow thats higher than it was for me on the RC version which was around 100 mb.I also found it to added some noticeable boot time also but I am going off the RC version on Windows 8.

D

Deleted member 178

For boot time, i don't mind so much, since i go take a coffee during it or do something else, i rarely stare the screen :D

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

As per my needs i voted for ESET mainly because its light and overall its good for a user with low to average level of risk

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

carl fish said:
hich one is better Eset Smart Security 6 or Trend micro titanium internet security 2013 ?

First I would have to try both of them for a trial period.
I haven't tried either one, so I vote other.

You can't pick one without knowing anything about it.
Always use the free trial period to test them for yourself before choosing or buying.

Thanks.:D

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

ESET is feather light on my system even though the ram usage is high, it has a very good web filter and av ofcourse...Still getting used to it's HIPS.
I haven't used Trend for very long so I voted for ESET...Trend does have a great web filter

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012

After having tried & used Trend Micro IS, Avast IS, Comodo IS and Emsisoft IS and atlast ESET Smart Security I vote for ESET because all of the other IS suite used by me always contained some bugs and not user friendly atleast for me.
Also ESET don't use till 120 MB RAM in my windows 8 pro (64-bit).
I've attached my task manager screenshot in that u can see its using combined till 78 mb of memory and yes that is also a bit high but ESET cover that in gaming mode and I like this gaming mode feature .
Description about ESET's gaming mode - http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2838
Also now in version 6 final, it also comes with social media scanner and I like that more better than bitdefender safego and Norton Safe web.
And it is so light on system that my pc never hangs while scanning or while updates. No lag :D
So I'm finally happy that I got a good Internet Security (IS) suite for my windows 8 that I and even my other family members can use and depend upon.
ESET truly legendary antivirus i.e NOD32. Also I've read that ESET NOD32 holds worlds record for most VB100 awards which is incredible.
Also do watch these videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP8zm262B3MVExLHAKghg9_JdyCalyKAt
Cheers ! :)

Also about the startup and shutdown time - no delay i.e it almost starts & shutdown within the same time as without any antivirus installed so here also ESET excels.

Attachments

• eset.jpg
    eset.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 532

Alien

Verified
Jan 5, 2013

I'm using Trend Micro now and find it pretty good. My vote goes for it. It is fairly light too except for RAM usage. No idea about ESET now. Long time since i last used it. Best way is to try them both on your system before choosing.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013

Eset,hands down

Eset have many features that Trend cannot offer. I only found good thing about Trend is :

Better web-guard (Well,if you have MyWot,Adblock Plus,No-script,DoNotTrackMe etc. you won't need to change your IS for it)
Also,many people voted for Eset.

Merebear1101

Verified
Jan 16, 2013

I dont like to have to pay for antivirus programs. I like free antivirus programs. I have Avast. It works very well on my wife's computer. Now a days everything is getting expenses. Free is always good. If you don't like the program then u can uninstall it and it didn't cost you a thing.

rusman

Verified
Dec 7, 2012

I use MBAM Pro, Comodo Essential Sekurity and SmadAV Free. for Eset Smart Security or Trend Micro Titanium 6 Internet Security 2013. I have not used this security software. and had not read it carefully. but, I like Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013. because I have not. heard complaints from the use of Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013. I waited capabilities of Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013. from advice and criticism in the forum MalwareTips. good luck.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

+1 on try it yourself.

Asking us you'll get both answers, which isn't very useful.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
Asking us you'll get both answers, which isn't very useful.

Especially when you add "other" in the poll :D

Mehdi

Verified
Nov 27, 2012

Both have advantages & disadvantages but I prefer ESET Smart Security.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

After just trying ESET v6 and having a run with Trend last month, My vote goes for Trend.

Trend I found has amazing Web Blocking, Light, and VERY user friendly.

Eset is also good but I found it heavy in RAM usage and even though it is user friendly, I wouldn't say it meets up to trend.
Eset is not very good on default while trend works well out of the box.
I also had a tough time understanding and tweaking Eset without good research and asking other Eset users.

However, my suggestion is for you to try both out and see how you like it.

Call me biased but I was never a Eset user. I'm one of those "Just let it die already" guys as I feel Eset still uses AV technology used back in 09' and not meeting up with competition but its improving well but not at a good pace. I consider it a paid MSE (In a neutral way)
Just my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.