ESET Smart Security 7 Test and Review

Product name
ESET Smart Security 7
Pros
  • -Nice good looking UI
    -Great web blocking (12/12 malicious, 2/3 phishing)
    -Very high detection rate 99.9%
    -Behavioural blocking works nice
    -No infections after running malware
    -Good memory usage (63 MB)
    -Light on system.
CONS
-Nothing.
BOTTOM LINE
This is the best internet security suite next to Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Very good protection and worth purchasing.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Overall rating:
One.PNG

Video :

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Nice test!! How do you consider behavioural blocking when saying "Behavioural blocking works nice"?

I executed that left file from malware pack and ESET prevented it from starting. I delete remnants of malware pack because I don't wanna that HitmanPro detects them.

Reactions: Ulikedat

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I executed that left file from malware pack and ESET prevented it from starting. I delete remnants of malware pack because I don't wanna that HitmanPro detects them.
In your test, I see the application error message, and no alert from ESET. What I did not understand on this?

Reactions: Ulikedat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.