Advice Request ESET Smart Security 9 bug

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hi I have a problem with Eset Smart Security 9 install it and at the start of windows 7 freezes Eset, Eset 8 does not pass this, it may be incompatibility with Zemana Antimalware and Zemana Antilogger?

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hi I have a problem with Eset Smart Security 9 install it and at the start of windows 7 freezes Eset, Eset 8 does not pass this, it may be incompatibility with Zemana Antimalware and Zemana Antilogger?

Hola,

I don't recommend to install eset v9 right now as it is still buggy. I had a problem with mozilla firefox after installing eset 9. Trying to open firefox appeared message like ,,user profile missed/corrupted,,. I installed eset smart 8 and this issue disappeared. Many other users report the problems with eset v9. Just wait when they will fix bugs

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Eset Smart Security 9 not compatible with MBAE & HitmanPro.Alert, no compatibility issue with Zemana Antimalware & Zemana Antilogger on my pc

Reactions: vindiesel

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ESS 9 definitely has some issues.One big one is internet connectivity and as well as problems with uninstall and you network adapter drivers.
I am running it on Windows 7 x64 without any problems right now.Seems to be,at least for me, a problem on Windows 10

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I have some internet connectivity problems(SSL)... with ESET SS9. I will remove it and install Symantec endpoint because has a good performance and no internet problems. Maybe in a few months I install it again.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Friends thank you for these answers I see I'm not the only one who has problems with Eset 9, installed two times and the same problem is blocked. To see if ESET solves this problem. Thanks to all

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Friends thank you for these answers I see I'm not the only one who has problems with Eset 9, installed two times and the same problem is blocked. To see if ESET solves this problem. Thanks to all

Just way a little bit. I hope they will fix most of issues with eset asap. By the way, I also installed norton (ns-2015) but uninstalled it today. I had a key for 1 year that gave to my friend. Now, I run eset v 8 again :)

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
As far as this guy is concerned, Version 8 rules.

I know most have not had problems with Version 9. Well I did.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
What you can do is if you are having problems with Eset and your other security products, you can change the boot timing for them,like 10-20 seconds after your system has started. This used to be an issue with MBAM when they upgraded to version 2.Just google how to do it for your convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.